Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Camping for New Years...

This year we spent six wonderful days camping out in the desert for New Years! We went with a huge group of people, most of which we knew. I think we counted 17 trailers and so many people I couldn't even count! It was pretty cold, so I didn't shoot too much. I regret that now, especially when I look at everyone's pictures for the week. I spent most of the weekend just relaxing and chatting with great people that I haven't seen in a long time. It was great to see everyone and catch up!

So here is what I did get...

Our 5th wheel from the front...




From the back...



The clouds were so beautiful and dramatic coming over the mountains. I wish my pictures did them justice...




Eric's bike...




New winch on the Jeep...



Well hello there Nugget...



Sweet Lily wanted a peek too...



Once the clouds blew away, we looked behind us and saw this beautiful huge rainbow. The biggest rainbow I've ever seen. I was almost all the way out of camp and still couldn't get it all in the frame. That's Haylee on the Quad and to the left is Jo & Candy's trailer...



Nugget watching the kids play Yahtzee...



Haylee playing Yahtzee with Alisa & Chad. She got a Yahtzee! Way to go Haylee...



This is the back room/garage. We throw all the dirt toys in here to haul them up. Then once we unload, we roll out the carpet and bring down the bunk beds. There is a cover for the nasty ramp that you see in the back, but we are too lazy to use it! Then when the kids want to go crazy, we just close the door and they have their own huge room to play in...



This is the main room! Through the door that Nugget is at is the other bedroom and bathroom also with a door which is NICE when the kids are going crazy...



The BOOZE station! Well hello Captain. I think you're becoming my friend! You see, I'm cheating on my Jager at the moment with Captain and think he is a much better friend. Jager is a bit too wild for this old gal while Captain is so relaxing...


This is where we cage the wild beasts! I can see that this one is trying to escape. I better do something quick...



Aw...now that's much BETTER...



And sweet lazy Lily soakin up the sun rays through the window...

And that's all I took! I know, for me it's almost an empty post! Ha! There's always next year!

To all the people who where there camping with us...THANK YOU for a truly WONDERFUL time. And a special thank you to Mike & Tracy for talking so much crap that we decided to go! I'm SO glad we did!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Leilani January 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

Oh Nugget you are too funny!

Me and my friend were going to do a 50states tour next year but once we saw the sizes of the trailer/RV thingy, we were maybe a little bit terrified. I have no idea how anyone can drive those things. Oh, and the fact after we worked out how much the whole thing would have cost.... maybe a little out of our reach.

Glad you had a good time. I sounded like so much fun. I have been camping a few times, but nothing like that. More like, tiny little tent in a field with torrential rain and nothing to do!

The rainbow shot really is amazing. Were you not tempted to find the end and see if there was a pot of gold? One day in my life, I will do that!

Anonymous January 10, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

Hi Crystal--first time reader from 2peas. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing all of these. We are in San Diego and go camping in the desert, too. It's fun to see someone else's images! Great job, and great family.
~Jen

momaziggy January 10, 2011 at 9:49 PM  

Thanks Lola! She's a nut huh?! Lol! I love the tent pics! Teehee! I feel the same way about towing the 5th wheel. It's FREAKIN huge and scares the crap outta me too! Lol! Thank you and I was not tempted to look at the end of the rainbow cause it was really freakin bit and the desert goes on FOREVER! Lol!

Hi Jen! Thanks so much for posting. You aren't too far from us...abot 3 hours...without too much traffic! Lol! Another fellow camper. If you ever post pics I'd love to seem them! :)

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP