Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The opposite...

Normally it's Haylee at school & Avyree and I out and about. This time Avyree was at school & Haylee was home. So we headed to Starbucks for some quite relaxing mommy & me time! It was really nice just the two of us...

Found some nice window light and relaxed. Haylee taking a picture of herself! Yes, my girl shoots Nikon... {edited with MK's Bland to Brilliant}



Coffee for me & hot chocolate & water for Haylee. Can't forget the cake pops... {edited with MK's Bland to Brilliant}


They are so cute and yummy. We got one to take home for Nugget too... {edited with MK's Bland to Brilliant}


Haylee has a style of her own...that's for sure... {edited with Lilyblue's Simple Three}


She brought her camera too... {top two edited with Lilyblue's Just BW & the bottom with MK's free monochrome set}


Some details {edited with MK's Bland to Brilliant & See Things Clearer, TRA's Boutwell Magic Glasses}


I love this shot! It's simple, quiet and relaxing! I edited it in color & bw, which I rarely do. I love it in color {Lilyblue's Simple Three} but also love it in bw {MK's free monochrome set}...


A candid moment that I adore... {edited with Lilyblue's Simple Three}


Lola really like Starbucks. I think the dark wood chair and side lighting are very flattering to her {both edited with MK's Bland to Brilliant plus a few extras for Lola}


Thanks for looking at our nice quiet relaxing time at Starbucks! :)

8 comments:

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 July 12, 2011 at 4:39 PM  

Looooove simple 3!! I'm finding that to be one of my new faves, and bisque softer. Gorgeous edits & thanks always for the info! What a fun day with you and your oldest gal!

I love how you're brave enough to take your camera EVERYWHERE. I wish I would do that. I took mine into Super Target ONCE, and nearly had a heart attack thinking I was going to "get in trouble." LOL!

momaziggy July 12, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

Simple 3 & Just BW are my favs so far! I LOVE them both! I love the others and have other favs but those are the two I use the most!

Some places I'm more secure shooting than other. Target does NOT let you and if they see you with a camera, they'll make you leave! Lol! Well depending on which person catches you. I tried once and litreally had it out for like 5 seconds and I had a guy chasing me down through the store telling me I couldn't shoot in there and I had to go. I had the girls and told him I was just taking a pic of my girl in the cart and still needed to shop. So I promised that I wouldn't bring it out again and he let me stay. But they are CRAZY about cameras. I think it's a whole lawsuit thing!

I wasn't sure how Starbucks would be but I figured I'd try. I shot Haylee & our drinks freely. But when it came time for their displays {which were at the register} I was nervous and fast...which is why they aren't better. Plus the people in Starbucks really didn't seem happy to see a camera in there. One lady behind me even said, I don't want to be in any pictures! I said "well if I'm shooting with my camera I will blur you out because I don't want you in my photos {ha} and if my daughter is taking the pictures she zooms in all the way. So you're safe! Lol!

So it just depends where and I'm always careful about shooting things other than the girls and sometimes even ask if it's okay to shoot their displays and just explain it's for my personal blog or my 365 project!

momaziggy July 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

When I say people at Starbucks I mean the customers not the workers. They didn't seem to care at all and I bet I couldn've asked to take pics of them and they would've been fine with it. I really wanted a shot of the menu display on the wall but chickened out because it got crowded in there by the time I thought about it and since the customers were so weird about it, I decided not to push my luck..ha!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 July 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

LOL! That's so funny! (Sorry I didn't respond earlier...I always forget to check back here for your comment - ha!)
Hey, I'm sure you've seen these, but was curious if you purchased them yet. I don't want to spend any more money if they're too similar to the LilyBlue simple set...but these look FAB!! Just wondering if they were enough different to make the purchase.

http://www.redleafboutique.ca/film-shift-signature-series-ii/

I'm really loving that look now, so of course these actions intrigue me... and curious for your opinion. :-) Happy Wed. to ya!

momaziggy July 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

Okay...so it's funny you asked that beacause I bought FL Sig 2 last night! HAHA! I LOVE them. They are similar to LB's Simple Set, but not so much so that I would only need one set. They both offer the film look but the RL ones seem to keep the skin tones more to what the sooc shot was vs LB's make the skin tones more yellow. And the RL S2 are more mild than the LB ones! I love both and will probably use LB's more because I love the tonal shift, but the RL ones are a bit cleaner!

momaziggy July 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

Sorry..I meant RL as in Red Leaf not FL...lol!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 July 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

LOL! I KNEW it!! HA HA! That's so funny... hmm, what to do. Your description of the 2 sets is perfect, exactly what I was wondering. I LOVE the tonal shift too...but am wondering if a more natural skin tone would look nice in some cases. Sometimes mine turn a tad orange. I have to cool down the photo before or after at times, just to avoid that orange look. Thanks so much for your input! I feel a purchase coming on - LOL! ;-)

momaziggy July 14, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

Lol...my pleasure! :) If you have other Red Leaf actions and love them, then you will love these. RL aren't for everyone so if you already love them you'll be very happy with them!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP