Laundromat FUN...
It was time to wash our bedroom comforter. It's huge, so I knew I'd have to venture to the laundromat! Personally, I was not very excited. But then I decided that I'd bring my camera along because I'm always looking to take pictures somewhere knew! I wish we'd gone earlier because there were a fair amount of people there and it made it harder to take pictures. Not to mention all the CRAZY looks I was getting from them while they watched me run around after my kids taking pictures...in the dirty grimy laundromat! I think they thought I was crazy...lol!
I used to go to the laundromat a lot as a kid. That's where my mom & I did our laundry. She always made it a fun adventure! When I moved in with my dad he had a washer/dryer in the garage so I no longer needed to go and will say laundry was a bit boring after that! Lol! When I was 19 I moved out to the boonies in a house on a mile long dirt road with no running water or power. We had a water tank & a propane tank. So I would have to trek into town to the local, and ICKY, laundromat! At 19...I HATED it! And I've never been to any laundromat since!
But it was really fun to watch the girls enjoy it like I did as a kid. No stigma attached to having to do your laundry there! To them, it was just an adventure and a place to explore the only way a happy go lucky kid can! And I will say that it made me enjoy it too and how blah us adults can get. Watching them enjoy the new things there was a great experience and brought back so many childhood memories! It was actually pretty wonderful! So to me, these aren't just pictures of my girls in a dirty icky laundromat, but pictures capturing children enjoying wherever they are and hopefully preserving these memories for them for their future! So that if they ever have to take their kids to the laundromat and dread it as much as I did, they might be able to remember how much fun they had as a kid and enjoy watching their kids do the same!
All shot with my 5D, 35L & Tokina 16-28 & edited with , MCP Fusion Desire!
So here we go...
The Mega Load. $5 to wash my comforter! Talk about inflation. It's really sad how long it took me to figure out how to use this darn thing. For the past 10 years I've only used my washer...
Avyree was in total awe watching the water & soap drip down and spin. Oh...by the way, Avyree picked out her own outfit! I almost made her change then figured that she'd fit right it at the laundromat..haha...
I remember the dispensers from when I was a kid. They haven't changed at all I was happy to see...
Haylee getting change for toys, drinks & snacks...
They toy section. I don't remember having this many options when I was a kid! Lucky turds...
Haylee's toy. Fifty cents for that thing...ugh...
Avyree's toy {also fifty cents}. The sticky hand of death and destruction...and dirt/dust collection...
I used the 50lb washer and my comforter barely fit...
So...when I was a kid you could play in these! I always did and LOVED them. Well little did I know there is a sign that states the kids cannot be in them {last picture in this post}! The world has gotten so PC and uptight! I mean come on! What's wrong with the kids having a race through the laundromat pushing these carts at top speed. Sheesh...people today! I had to get a picture with each girl in it! Well the lady working there ran over saying "Nah nah nah!" waving her finger at me. She didn't speak English. I'm all for supporting whatever language you want to speak. But if you work somewhere with the public...you should be able to speak the language of the country you live it. But that's just me I guess! :) So I hold my up camera and say "take picture only take picture" then hold up 1 hand trying to tell her I only wanted a picture of each girl in the cart! I smiled and was nice as I could be...and she let me! Ya! I wonder if my mom has any pictures of me in the carts. If so I'd love to print them all up together in a storyboard. How fun would that be...
Darn kids spending my money...
Hi my beautiful girls. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first trip to the laundromat so much...
I big red puffy heart LOVE my Tokina 16-28...
Time to put the older one to work! I use to have to help my mom and look how fabulous I turned out. A little work at the laundromat will do her some good although she doesn't look overly excited about it...
I used to climb up and sit on the folding tables! But with the PC uptight generation we live in now, I was waiting for Miss Nah Nah Nah to come yelling and shaking her finger at me again. So I made sure we were on the other side of room from her and although I would have preferred to shoot this front lit instead of back lit, I was hiding behind one of the Mega Load washers so she wouldn't see me...teeheee...
It's time to dry and then get the heck outta dodge...
All the while Lola is just hanging out again in front of some nice window light. Lola likes nice light & wanted her picture in the cart too...
Snacks...when do you ever see me posts pictures without snacks in them! At least they aren't too bad right. Some sugar but not tons of fat and calories...lol...
I think Haylee's necklace is showing she likes her Sunkist, which to me is such an old school soda and can so it was a perfect fit for my throwback laundromat shoot...lol...
Hi cutness that is really evil and naughty inside but darling on the outside. Dr Jekyll, meet Miss Hyde. I think she got 5 time outs in there hour and a half we were there! Sigh...she's lucky she's cute...
I LOVE the shot to the left & the shot to the right is just to show the no kids in the cart. Take that Miss Nah Nah Nah!
And that was our fun afternoon at the laundromat! I don't want to go back, but did really enjoy myself through my girls...
4 comments:
I think you have to be one of the most dedicated photographers there is....and you are also one of the very best MOMS in the world today!!!
I love your documenting your life with your kids.....such a special gift for the girls their whole lives!!
Thank you Nancy! I choose to not be in business, so this is all I really shoot! Lol! I really enjoy it as a creative outlet and memories for them! It's a win win. And I'm for sure not perfect. I yell a lot now..HAHA! Thank you again Nancy! :)
hahahaha so entertaining! Can you go back there again soon? I love everything about this post, next time do some burn outs in the carts! LOVE the b&W of Haylee standing with row of washers to her side. I can not believe your laundromats have snack and toy machines, a dozen selections of laundry powder and carts! Feeling very ripped off here in Oz!xo
Thanks Toni! I'm telling you, when you are going somewhere you really don't want to go and are dreading it..take your camera. It not only makes it bareable but fun! Lol!
Post a Comment