Sunday, July 31, 2011

Feeling random...

I took the girls to the park on Friday evening! I don't like shooting at our park. I don't like the colors & tones around our park and am always annoyed when I edit shots from there. So I almost left my camera at home. But I was feeling creative and actually wanted to shoot! So I brought it with the intention of leaving my lifestyle/storytelling/overshooting ways at home and go with my peaceful random mood that I was in! And I'm SO glad I did!

I just shot what moved me. I worked slow, I was relaxed and looked around...observing! It's the most fun I've had shooting in a while now! I didn't shoot the girls much. I think I needed a break and needed to shoot some non people, and non traditional shots! This fed my soul. On Facebook I wrote this under one image and it's so very true for me that I thought I would share it here...

" Random details & creative edits feed my soul! A soul I didn't even know I had until I picked up a DSLR!"

This was much needed and made me very happy and excited about shooting again. My edits are all over the place on purpose! I let my heart guide me on each image!

Most images were edited with Lilyblue (Waterplay & Simple Set), TRA (Boutwell Magic Glasses) and Michelle Kane (Bland to Brilliant, Bloom & See Things Clearer).

Haylee....my baby...getting so big and turning into such a beautiful young girl, inside & out...



This was my 365! I swear this was the exact.same guy that goes by our house...3 miles away and we live uphill...


My little dreamer dreaming away on the swing...


Shooting in full sun at sunset! What a release and change...


The sand park shot with my Tokina 16-28...


Hello wide angle...


Hello beautiful mountains...


This is what I needed...different...


A little girl left this! I found it exactly like it is in this picture. There were no kids on this side of the park so I let Avyree keep it! No kids came for it or I would have had her give it back. She's actually playing with it as I type this...


Random, creative edit....I'm so happy...


Hello big big tree...


Hello yummy light...


Hello yummy light, & starburst sunflare....I love you...


Not sure I love this but o'well...


It's the small details that we often miss and are the most peaceful...




I truly.love completely OOF shots! They soothe my soul and give me some kind of odd inner peace. I did these on purpose and Lilyblue's Rose & Sweet Water gave me the perfect tones to the blown out sky...


Hello crows & pretty clouds...


Teehee...I love this shot! Shot with the Tokina & edited with my Momaziggy's Golden Backlight action that I shared FREE HERE ...


Shadows & depth...I love them and don't shoot them enough...


And lastly...same shot zoomed in & out and my Tokina...


Thank you so much for looking. This was EXACTLY what I needed & could not have come at a better time!

I will be gone for about 2 weeks and just wanted to let you guys know! We are leaving very.early Wednesday morning to board a plane to Northern Idaho where my dad & grandma live! I'm very excited, with the exception of the flights! So I won't be able to post on my blog until I get back! But boy will there be a lot of posts after I get back! Ha! I will have access to my email via my cell phone, but won't be responding much since it's a PITB! And I will have no photoshop...which makes me a little sad! Lol! But I'll be taking TONS of pics and my 365 while I'm there, so I won't miss a beat! Last year I shot the whole story of our trip! It was like 6 blog posts and I took thousands of pictures! I'm not doing that this time! Ha! I'm going to approach it more like this post...random, peaceful and whatever moves me to shoot it! That will also help not being too overwhelmed when I get back! :) I love my lifestyle/storytelling style and it's who I am as a photographer. But sometimes it's overwhelming because I shoot so many shots to get the story and have to edit and share them all to tell you guys the whole story. So sometimes I need to go random & peaceful. And now you know why I keep referring to reandom shooting as peaceful! Lol!

Hope everyone has a great two weeks & I'll see ya'll when I get back! :)

4 comments:

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 August 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Glo-ri-ous!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow, do I ever love the long shadows too! It's been so hot this summer, I've barely done ANY shooting outside - boo! Even at dusk it's been over 100 degrees...not really my type of weather - yuck!

The right pic of your oldest (the profile pic) looks SO much like your youngest daughter! I've never noticed that before. What beautiful girls you have!

You have soooo inspired me to go out and shoot as the sun is going down. Absolutely gorgeous. And what's that??!! 2 weeks I have to go with no new inspiration! Ahhh! Just kidding...have a wonderful trip! :-)

momaziggy August 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM  

Thank you Karli! I cannot tell you how therapeutic this was! I really needed it & enjoyed the shooting & editing!

I'm not a heat person either! Our summer has actually been pretty mild compared to the last few years...thankfully! Plus our park has a lot of shade and a wonderful breeze that seems to always be going through the park. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air at sunset, relaxing and casually shooting!

I know, it's going to be so hard to not have PS and not be able to post for 2 weeks. But the good thing is that when I get back I'll have TONS of pics to edit & post! Lol!

My friend makes headbands and she's mailing 8 to my dads house so I can shoot some product pics for her. So that'll be fun too! It's so beautiful & green where my dad lives {nothern idaho} that I can't wait to do a little product shoot with the girls & the headbands!

Okay..I should get back to cleaning, laundry & packing! Lol!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL 2 weeks and I'll talk to you when I get back! :)

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 August 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

OK, so you KNOW you completely made my day, don't you? No...my WEEK!! LOL! :-) Oh my, what sweet, sweet comments! Totally brought a HUGE smile to my face! :-)

Thanks so much for the encouragement and can't wait to see your pics in a couple weeks! Have a wonderful and safe trip! :-)

momaziggy August 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

I meant every.word I said....really! You have a great eye and I truly love your shooting & editing style! :)

Thank you for the good trip wishes. I can't wait to get there! :)

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP