Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter day.....

Wow...I cannot believe that I'm posting my Easter pictures ON Easter day! It's almost 5pm and I've culled, edited, done the collages and now blogged all of them. All while yelling at my kids all day, 6 loads of laundry and now cooking dinner. Man, I ROCK today!

We had a wonderful Easter day. Our Easter is always very quiet. We don't go anywhere, see any family or do the dinner thing. It's a small holiday for us with the baskets in the morning and the egg hunt in the yard shortly after. Then we lay around the house all day. And with our weather, it was the perfect thing to do!

So here we go, there are a lot...

It seemed a little too early for Lily as she lounged in our bed...



Haylee on the other hand was ready to go...

And the hunt for the baskets start...


It took them a little bit to find them, but not too long. The Easter Bunny hid them both together this year I think to avoid confusion when one found a basket and wasn't sure who's it was. That Easter Bunny is VERY smart...


And now comes the time to demolish the baskets...


The baskets before they tore them apart...


Avyree digging in and wearing her new headband...


My serious Haylee digging into her basket...


The table was a disaster in about 5 minutes! Haylee loved her dry erase board. She actually asked for one a few days before Easter and the bunny listened...


This picture tugs at my mommy heart. I love how tiny her little head is compared to Daddy's yet she's up in his face giving him the stink eye...
Some sweet chocolate and a sweet note from my sweet Haylee...


My family...

Of course Lily had to get in on the fun and love...


My little beauty ready to head outside in her best dress to hunt for eggs...


And now the egg hunt begins...






Now to open the eggs and see what goodness is inside...


Daddy in his PJ's watching the fun...


They made out with over 70 eggs between them...



Oh snap!


She's magicial...


And my lovey girls...



Thanks for looking and I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your family!

Almost forgot to add my editing that I did. On the inside color shots I mostly used Red Leafs Color Vibes action from their Workflow set then ran my {free} MZ XP Soft. Some I ran Red Leafs Film Shift actions and all of the b&w's were Red Leafs Low Contrast B&W from their Signature Series. On the outside shots, all of the color images I used MCP's Urban Revival from Jodi's Fusion set and the B&W's were again Red Leafs Low Contrast from their Signature Series! The last shot I used Bokeh 2 for a selective blur!

7 comments:

clindroos April 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

These are fabulous Crystal! I am envious of your photojournalist eye. You have such a beautiful family.

momaziggy April 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

Aw...thank you Corrie! And thank you for the blog love! :)

Sabina April 25, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

Cute pics! Looks like the girls had fun!! I love Avyree in her dress and uggs!!!!!

toni April 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Wow, can I come to live at your place? You went through such effort to make it special for your girls.I'm taking notes!I just loved Haylee holding Nuggetts hand in the search for baskets and the stink eye pic! So funny!I think if you put all your images ever taken of the girls together you'd have a motion picture of every moment of their lives.Several motion pictures actually. You're such a good mom!love it!I've heard of alien skin but never looked into it (I'll wait for your review at the other blog (hint hint)xo

Meaghan April 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

How fun! I love the shots of Avyree holding her sippy cup while hunting for eggs...so cute! I think out Easter bunny needs to be fired, she didn't do anything nearly as fun. :)

momaziggy April 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Thanks girls! All the credit goes to Eric. He's been the EB the last two years! Lol! Love it! :)

Mandy April 26, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Love them all Crystal, as usual. Your pictures always put a big smile on my face. :)

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP