Different park...same fun!
Avyree went to my moms this weekend. So I wanted to take her out for a special day before she went! In true Nugget fashion she was sporting her Princess dress & uggs! She had on her skull jacket but it was WARM even at 8am. Gotta love Cali. I'm happy to say that this was the fastest I've ever edited and the least amount ever done to my pictures. The light was bad of course...that's what happens when you take your kid to play at the park on a bright warm day at 11am. But my exposure was good, all things considered and with the help of what I learned in Damien's Raw Class, most of my edits were done in ACR with very little done to most in PS. Some I had fun and did extra stuff. But others I only ran one action and moved on. Which for me is saying a lot because I love to create recipes from different action makers and really mix it up. I still used a good variety, but on each individual image, I didn't do much! So I was pretty proud of that! I'll try to post what I did on the ones I remember for my photog friends! We stopped by Starbucks on our way and I got both the girls these little cake pops. I ran one of my all.time.favorite actions on these. Lilyblue's Lily from her Wallflower set...
Enjoying her morning sugar. Ran her Lily action again, added a gradient map over it and added some contrast with levels...
I love this shot & Lily to the rescue again...
Lily again. I wish I could say this one was on purpose. I love OOF shots and do them on purpose...often! But this one, I was getting low to take the shot below and accidentally hit the shutter on my way down. I never delete those without really looking at them because most times, I love them. And this was a keeper...
The shot I was getting low to get. Warmed it up & added contrast in acr then a little more contrast in PS and a FB Texture to top it off...
Ran FB's Soft Urban on these {linked below}. Anyone who knows Nugget knows that just being around her is entertaining! But watching her eat...it's like a Prime Time TV show! You won't be able to look away...
Ran Mk's Bland to Brilliant and lowered the opacity a bit...that's it. Well that and Bokeh 2...
I really don't remember what I did to this shot but I so love how the edit turned out. Shot this at f/22...haven't done that in ages. I'm not great at getting the wonderful star sunflare but I'm trying...
And of course coffee to start the day off right...
Bad light but darling kid! I ran FB Soft Urban on all of these and that was it...
These I'm actually really proud of. The ONLY thing I did was wb, contrast & brightness in ACR then ran ONLY MCP's Sunflare Left from her Fusion set...that's it!!! So I didn't really touch the image in PS besides the sunflare. First time I've never touched contrast and tweaked the tones in the image...
Here I used Bokeh 2, MCP's Sunflare Left & Red Leaf's Low Contrast B&W from their Signature Set...
I love the movement in these. I only ran one action once again. Lilyblue's Sweet Water from her Waterplay set...
Nugget lovin the slide...
She's always been scared of the climbing parts of the jungle gyms. So she usually takes the stairs. Since she did the one at our normal park, she felt brave to try these too and was very proud of herself when she reached the top. I used my Warm Razzberry Pie from my ZiggyLicious set! I added some contrast with a levels layer since the action runs very hazy and that was it...
And finally some portrait type pictures. I was standing at the top of the jungle gym with my 135L. So these shots were tough to get, not to mention she wanted to run away! She was so over my camera at this point. But I was able to get three I LOVE. The comp isn't perfect on this one with her eyes low in the frame, centered and her eyes not all the way open. But I love it just the same. I ran Lilyblues Lily action from her Wallflower set that I linked above...
Lily from the beloved LB...
And for this one I ran Lily again and put a b&w gradient map over it and added some contrast with levels...
Some random shots for myself. I ran Lilyblue's Sweet Water only on these...
Random park pics. I ran Red Leaf's Colorvibes from their Workflow set as is on these and that was it...
Trees, trees and more trees...
And that was our fun morning at the park. We went to Tommy's for lunch after but that will be next post since I haven't edited them yet. Thanks for looking and hope you're having a great weekend!
2 comments:
I looooove how you share all the actions you use for your edits. Of course you're really breaking my pocketbook trying to keep up - LOL! No, I'm kidding. I'm on an action-buying-hiatus at the moment. :-)
I just look and look and am in awe! The way you can take something so ordinary and turn it into art; it's just stunning. Keep 'em coming! So much inspiration! :-)
What a GREAT compliment Karli...thank you! I started out learning photography by walking around my yard finding ordinary things to shoot and try to find a way to make them interesting. So I think that's just stuck with me! Thanks for the big smile you put on my face! :)
Post a Comment