Nugget outside and some sad news...
Some of you may have heard the news of the suicide of a teenager at CV High school in La Crescenta, CA! Sadly it was a good friend's nephew! The family is heartbroken but taking a tragic situation and giving it a voice! Drew was a GREAT kid with a heart of gold and loyal to his friends and family. But a select few from a specific group of kids at the school targeted Drew and bullied him so severely over a long amount of time. After going to the school over and over and over...he decided to that it needed to end. Not only did it need to end...it needed a voice! Drew gave bullying a voice! And now there is a foundation in his name perfectly called Drew's Voice! I encourage you to visit the website (in red in the sentence before) and Drew's Facebook page. Although you may not have known this wonderful boy, bulling is EVERYWHERE and NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!!!! The family are hosting several fundraisers to earn money and awareness for this serious cause!
These photos show Avyree wearing her Drew's Voice T-shirt after we attended the fundraiser! I love my little beauty and although I am so sad for my good friend, her entire family and Drew's friends...I am honored to have my children wear this shirt to honor him and bring awareness to the effects of bullying!
These were all shot with my 100mm Macro (non L)...
2 comments:
Oh goodness! I didn't hear... that is so sad. Whenever i hear bullying is the reason... it just makes me so angry. But wonderful that he now has a voice!
Beautiful photos of your sweet girl! xo
Thank you Karlie! It is so heartbreaking! But his parents are making sure his cause is heard which is so inspiring! They are wonderful people who are on a mission to help other bullied kids! I have so much respect for them! <3
Post a Comment