Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bobble head fishy shots...

As I said in my previous post, I'm renting the Tokina 16-28. I love distortion and funky shots. I would love to have a fishy lens one day. But have a hard time buying one because I can only shoot fishy. So I thought I'd try the Tokina and see what type of straight wide angle shots and distortion fishy type shots I could get with it. That way I'd have the best of both worlds in one lens. So far so good. It's not exactly like a Fisheye lens, but does a pretty good job when you know how to position yourself, the subject and how to angle the camera. What impresses me the most with this lens is the sharpness & detail. The colors are beautiful and the AF is so fast and accurate! I love the bokeh. It's not a smooth creamy bokeh like a prime. It's more like the Lensbaby bokeh..which I love too. I also love that if you angle the camera just right, you can get a Lensbaby look too. So the lens is like a three in one... great landscape wide angle camera that actually helps prevent distortion for those type shots, great fishy/distortion type shots when up close and with a severe tilt you get a Lensbaby look!

Okay...anywho...here are my fun bobble head/fishy type shots that were done entirely on purpose...

I got a little fishy but wanted more {look at that bokeh, all shot at 16mm @ 2.8}...



So I had Haylee lean in pretty far and...success! Love that Lensbaby'ish bokeh..


Of course Nugget had to get in on the fun. And because she's smaller and I can shoot down on her, the fishy look is more extreme. I'm very happy at this point...


Now I tried a vertical and then the real extreme look came about and that Lensbaby look. If I saw this from someone else and didn't know what they shot it with, I would've assumed it was a Lensbaby with a smaller aperture ring...


So all in all, I think this lens will really fit into the way I shoot and give me so much versatility and it's much cheaper than the 16-35, so that makes me happy! No vignetting and no CA so far! Yay!

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP