Out of the box is where I like to be...
In the world of photography, it's very easy to get caught up being perfect. Over thinking every shot and edit. Picking every image apart and finding everything you can wrong with it! It's part of the journey and learning process. You take so much time to learn the rules and apply them. You stress over them and it can take some of the fun and passion out of the process. I call it "stuck in the box"! It's a vital part of the learning process. But for me, what is even more vital is learning to break back out of the box! I find that my mind, heart and passion for photography always seems to jump out of the box. When I truly love an image, when it moves me, it's an out of the box shot. Whether it's my shot or a shot I admire online or a photographers blog. I love a pretty picture too! But it's the out of the box images that really make me swoon!
So here is me... starting to get back out of the box again! And I could not be happier...
So here is me... starting to get back out of the box again! And I could not be happier...
Sweet little Nugget in a moment. I love how soft and dreamy this is...
Could she be any cuter with her chocolate pudding face...
My little California girl with her dress on backwards...
She's becoming quite the poser! This dress was Haylee's. Haylee wore it when she was two and it was tight on her then. Avyree just turned four and it's still big on her! Teehee! Haylee's almost as tall as me already! Nugget will be a shorty like me...
Looking at the ants then scratching her "booty" as she calls it...
I LOVE her sweet quiet moments...
Now for the ordinary stuff made to look un...ordinary
My swing that Eric surprised me with when I was pregnant with Haylee. He woke up early one morning while I was still sleeping and went and got it. His plan was to put it up before I woke up to surprise me. Instead I woke up pregnant and grumpy and got mad at him for not leaving a note! Ha...pregnant life!
My beloved truck! I love Nugget's head peaking out from around the porch...
Pretty tree...pretty sky...pretty Lensbaby!
This statue was my Grandma Jeannine's. I always loved it and thought it was so pretty. When she had her stroke and had to move with my dad I was very thankful I got to keep it. I always think of her when I see it and feel a part of her is here with me!
Random goodness in a lens...
Different spin on the tree behind our house...
Anyone who knows me knows I HATE power lines. Really hate them. They have become the photographic thorn in my side! I even bout died when we went camping in the desert and Eric parked us under the power lines. Here I was hoping for wide open skies! But now I have a different take on these ugly things and can embrace them a bit more now...


So that's it for my out of the box images for now! I'm sure there will be many more in the future as I continue on my journey of finding out who I really am as a photographer! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Labor Day Weekend! I hope everyone has a wonderful time and stays safe! OXXO
0 comments:
Post a Comment