Sigh...I hate Playdough...
The reason...I have TWO kids! I already did the good mom playdough thing! And I learned my lesson. In fact, I was such a "good" mom, that I MADE Haylee's playdough. Yep, you heard that right! And she played playdough almost weekly. Now...with number two and number two being Avyree {crazy Nugget}, I no longer care about being a good playdough mommy! That's what play dates and other people's houses are for!
So......for Avyree's 4th birthday, what does she get? Yep...you guessed right! And from whom you may wonder? Why would I invite an enemy to Nugget's party...you are thinking! I know because I can hear you! Well...the "person" {still debating if she's still a friend} that bought her the playdough is the same mom that "gasped" when she learned that I do not have, nor plan to have ANY playdough in my house! Oh...and yes, she only has ONE kid. So she's still in that "good" mommy phase!
If I could've hidden the playdough from Avyree, I would have. In fact, I did actually try! But my mom guilt got the best of me so I only HALF hid it! In the very top back part of her dark dungeon walk in closet! Hoping....just hoping that she wouldn't see it. But so I wouldn't feel soooo bad, I did leave it toward the edge. So if she turned on her light and tried really hard to look around way up and back there...she'd see it! A couple weeks went by and I was feelin pretty slick with my hiding place. But not slick enough, because she about peed herself when she saw it. I still put it off for several days. But the kid finally wore {broke} me down!
So here..KRISTI...proof that you won and she got to play playdough in MY house! Oh..for all my many readers {haha}...her daughter's birthday is coming up in a couple months. So if you learn anything from this post...do NOT by a friends kid a gift the mom will hate if your kids birthday is so close after. The mind does NOT forget and payback is a what???????? Haha!
Sigh...I HATE playdough but the girls love it! So thank you Kristi for giving Avyree playdough eventho I WILL still pay you back....lol! OXXO
It was even Dora...which made Nugget even more excited...

Of course Haylee had to get in on the action...

Sigh..I hate playdough....

Little hands at work...

I am glad the girls enjoyed the playdough tho...really I am...

Lily got nosey and wanted to sample the scent of everything on the table...

And so she did! Isn't she so cute?! Look at that cute lil nose! I just love her so much and cannot get over how stinkin cute she is. She was VERY curious as to what the playdough was and what the girls were doing with it! Pitbulls are NOSEY and SO DARN CUTE!

And that was the adventure with playdough. Have I told you how much I hate playdough? The girls actually did quite well and really didn't make much of a mess at all! So....I will let it slide this time Kristi! Well, I'm still getting payback of course. But I guess I'll still be your friend! Don't push your luck next year tho missy!!!! OXXO
So......for Avyree's 4th birthday, what does she get? Yep...you guessed right! And from whom you may wonder? Why would I invite an enemy to Nugget's party...you are thinking! I know because I can hear you! Well...the "person" {still debating if she's still a friend} that bought her the playdough is the same mom that "gasped" when she learned that I do not have, nor plan to have ANY playdough in my house! Oh...and yes, she only has ONE kid. So she's still in that "good" mommy phase!
If I could've hidden the playdough from Avyree, I would have. In fact, I did actually try! But my mom guilt got the best of me so I only HALF hid it! In the very top back part of her dark dungeon walk in closet! Hoping....just hoping that she wouldn't see it. But so I wouldn't feel soooo bad, I did leave it toward the edge. So if she turned on her light and tried really hard to look around way up and back there...she'd see it! A couple weeks went by and I was feelin pretty slick with my hiding place. But not slick enough, because she about peed herself when she saw it. I still put it off for several days. But the kid finally wore {broke} me down!
So here..KRISTI...proof that you won and she got to play playdough in MY house! Oh..for all my many readers {haha}...her daughter's birthday is coming up in a couple months. So if you learn anything from this post...do NOT by a friends kid a gift the mom will hate if your kids birthday is so close after. The mind does NOT forget and payback is a what???????? Haha!
Sigh...I HATE playdough but the girls love it! So thank you Kristi for giving Avyree playdough eventho I WILL still pay you back....lol! OXXO
It was even Dora...which made Nugget even more excited...

Of course Haylee had to get in on the action...

Sigh..I hate playdough....

Little hands at work...

I am glad the girls enjoyed the playdough tho...really I am...

Lily got nosey and wanted to sample the scent of everything on the table...

And so she did! Isn't she so cute?! Look at that cute lil nose! I just love her so much and cannot get over how stinkin cute she is. She was VERY curious as to what the playdough was and what the girls were doing with it! Pitbulls are NOSEY and SO DARN CUTE!

And that was the adventure with playdough. Have I told you how much I hate playdough? The girls actually did quite well and really didn't make much of a mess at all! So....I will let it slide this time Kristi! Well, I'm still getting payback of course. But I guess I'll still be your friend! Don't push your luck next year tho missy!!!! OXXO
5 comments:
we are playdough-haters in our household, but when we break it out it is really fun! just messy. your girls look like they had a blast ... love the baby doll next to your youngest!
may i ask how you get the photos to be side-by-side or the one with a pic in the middle? like a template of some kind? very cool!
Hi there! Yes, it's MCP's Blog It Board actions that you run and insert the image as a smart object! They've changed the way I blog and have made it SO much faster! :)
I need an ANT-PLAYDOUGH sign at my house. Those kind of toys should ONLY be used at grandma's house! I know Maya loves it, but it's just so darn messy, and I hate that it gets all over my floors. For now we have it 'put away' and we hardly see it, ha-ha! I do have to say that the girls look like they were having lots of fun! :)
Oh, I used to love play-doh for my son, but then he started to do this thing where he would pick it apart into little pieces, and at some point the floor would be covered in little play-doh flakes. The other downside to play-doh is that it's downright painful to try and teach him to take care of it. It inevitably gets dried out, and there is preschooler wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth at that point! I'm tired of replacing dried play-doh!!!! Luckily, we've been play-doh-free for several days, but he knows that I too have some hidden in his closet! UGH.
HA! I can't believe I just saw this!! See, it wasn't that bad, was it?? I'm glad Avyree liked it! And she can always bring it over to my house to play, because I am a good mom like that!! However... I forgot to mention Lauren is skipping her birthday this year...!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment