Friday, September 17, 2010

I HATE to cook but need to lose 15lbs so....

I'm trying to go back to my low carb eating! It worked, tasted yummy and made me feel better all the way around. My tummy felt better, no more headaches, I had more energy, my mind was more clear and I lost weight and kept it off. Since Avyree I just haven't gotten back into the swing of things! But it's time. This extra weight has got to go! Problem is..I HATE to cook. Like really really hate it! So I figured that since I LOVE to take & edit pics, maybe if I took pics of what I was making it would give me more incentive and make it more fun!

Here is what I made today and a favorite quick meal of mine. Since I hate to cook, I'm VERY lazy about it! I use a lot of frozen stuff and buy cheap! Keep that in mind if you want to try any of the food I post, you can get creative, use fresh ingredients, use milk when I use cream or half and half....etc!


This has to be one of the cheapest and easiest meals to make! And since it's just for me I always have a lot of extras. I have tried it in the crock pot but the green beans get too soggy. But feel free!

I call this... "Cheesy Green Bean Goodness"!

What you will need...

approx 1 lb. ground beef...frozen, thawed or fresh. Mine happened to be frozen and I'm lazy so I cooked it frozen...



Hamburger Helper, any flavor...I like this one best! You will only use the cheese powder for the cheesy flavor...


8oz. cream cheese cause it ROCKS!


Green beans! I use frozen but feel free to use fresh...


2 cups half & half but you can use milk if you want...


And here are all the ingredients! See...cheap!


Brown & drain the meat...


Add half & half & cheese powder. Mix well...


Bring to a gentle boil...


Lower heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring when needed...


Add cream cheese. You can soften the cream cheese on the counter or in the microwave if you want. The softer it is the faster this step will go. I set mine out on the counter while I did the meat then just broke it into chunks and tossed it in! See..lazy! Stir until cream cheese is completely mixed in..


Add green beans. Since mine are frozen a bit of water will seep into the cheese sauce. If you use fresh green beans you may want to add a teaspoon or two of water at this time so it isn't too thick! Once it's all mixed in cover it up!


Heat it up for approx 10 minutes, longer if you want the green beans to be softer...


Toss it on a plate with a dollop of sour cream and VIOLA....pure yummy cheesy goodness!


If you make it I hope you enjoy! I sure did enjoy mine for lunch today! :)

2 comments:

Alison - BigMama's Cooking in a Dutch Oven October 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

love love love the food porn, er pix. Just yummy to view, and the crispness and colors in your shots are awesome!

momaziggy October 19, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Thank you Alison! :) You gotta try the Cream Cheesy steak to! It's to die for! I make it just about weekly! I can't wait to check out your blog! Have a great week! :)

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP