Creamy Cheesy Steak...
Possibly THE.BEST.STEAK.EVER! At least to me. I already have two more steaks out to thaw so I can make another batch. Low Carb...of course. All the recipes I post will be Low Carb!
What you need...
Seasoning ~ I like Red Robin seasoning or just season salt. But whatever you choose should be good.
Shredded cheese ~ I use pre shredded jack/cheddar mix but feel free to get fancy and grate your own fancy cheese.
Parmesan cheese ~ again, the whole point of my recipes are cheap and easy. So I used the stuff that's already shredded and in an easy to shake container! Lol! Might be even better with hand shredded tho!
Olive oil ~ I use Extra Virgin but whatever floats your boat. You'll also notice I don't post measurements. That's the fun part...you get to control how much of what you put on it!
4 slices of butter {you will put 2 slices on each steak so it melts evenly}. Here I would say it's best to use real butter vs margarine or a tub of butter! I use salted butter because it has more flavor but mix it up!
Then THE.BEST part...cream cheese. 8oz block of cream cheese cut in half.

2 steaks ~ your choice of cut and thickness. I prefer more fat on my steaks, which these don't have enough of! Lol.

First thing, smother the steak with the olive oil and rub it in a bit...both sides. Then sprinkle your seasoning of choice, both sides. Make sure to rub it in a bit so that it stays on the steak and doesn't run off with the olive oil.

Note...it is best if you soften the cream cheese first. I didn't and it was a PITB! Either on your counter or in the micro. Don't melt it, just soften so it's easier to work with. Now take each half & put on each steak. Now mash it down so that it covers most of the steak. You don't have to completely cover. In fact, it's good to leave the edges open so that they get nice and crunchy in the fatty parts.

Put on/in the dish you will bake it in. I like this double broiler so that the drippings do not touch the steak and make it soggy! Now top with shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, 2 butter slices on each steak and some pepper if you like. I prefer the thicker pepper vs the fine stuff.

This is bout what it should look like. We are getting close to YUMMINESS!

I prefer to cook all my meat in my toaster oven. One reason, it doesn't heat up the house. In the summer that's a big bonus. In the winter the oven might be nice! Lol! I also like it because it cooks a bit faster but still all the way through and it has a built in broiler which I LOVE! Temp about 350 for about 30 minutes depending on the thickness of your steak and how cooked you like it. I don't mind a bit of pink but hate blood. So for these thin steaks and all the toppings covering the center of the steak, 30 minutes was perfect! Then after that, turn that broiler on for probably less than 10 minutes and brown up that cream cheese and fatty edges. That is the magic of this recipe!!!!!

It should look something like this when it's done. Is your stomach growling yet? Are you drooling yet? You should be because this is THAT.GOOOOOD!

I cut each steak in half so that I have 4 servings, which I will reheat in the toaster oven to keep that crunchy goodness on top. Serve with a side salad like I did or some steamed veggies. Even my girls liked the steak! Beware...it's VERY VERY rich. The veggies or salad will help keep it balanced and if you can eat a full one due to the richness...I bow down! If it's too rich or too much cream cheese for you {I shudder at the thought of that...lol} then use 4oz of cream cheese and cut that in half.
Looks pretty darn yummy doesn't it! You'll feel like you went out to dinner! Whoot Whoot!

So if you try it, I hope you LOVE it! I'd love to hear from you if you did and what you thought of it! More yumminess to come!
What you need...
Seasoning ~ I like Red Robin seasoning or just season salt. But whatever you choose should be good.
Shredded cheese ~ I use pre shredded jack/cheddar mix but feel free to get fancy and grate your own fancy cheese.
Parmesan cheese ~ again, the whole point of my recipes are cheap and easy. So I used the stuff that's already shredded and in an easy to shake container! Lol! Might be even better with hand shredded tho!
Olive oil ~ I use Extra Virgin but whatever floats your boat. You'll also notice I don't post measurements. That's the fun part...you get to control how much of what you put on it!
4 slices of butter {you will put 2 slices on each steak so it melts evenly}. Here I would say it's best to use real butter vs margarine or a tub of butter! I use salted butter because it has more flavor but mix it up!
Then THE.BEST part...cream cheese. 8oz block of cream cheese cut in half.

2 steaks ~ your choice of cut and thickness. I prefer more fat on my steaks, which these don't have enough of! Lol.

First thing, smother the steak with the olive oil and rub it in a bit...both sides. Then sprinkle your seasoning of choice, both sides. Make sure to rub it in a bit so that it stays on the steak and doesn't run off with the olive oil.

Note...it is best if you soften the cream cheese first. I didn't and it was a PITB! Either on your counter or in the micro. Don't melt it, just soften so it's easier to work with. Now take each half & put on each steak. Now mash it down so that it covers most of the steak. You don't have to completely cover. In fact, it's good to leave the edges open so that they get nice and crunchy in the fatty parts.

Put on/in the dish you will bake it in. I like this double broiler so that the drippings do not touch the steak and make it soggy! Now top with shredded cheese, parmesan cheese, 2 butter slices on each steak and some pepper if you like. I prefer the thicker pepper vs the fine stuff.

This is bout what it should look like. We are getting close to YUMMINESS!

I prefer to cook all my meat in my toaster oven. One reason, it doesn't heat up the house. In the summer that's a big bonus. In the winter the oven might be nice! Lol! I also like it because it cooks a bit faster but still all the way through and it has a built in broiler which I LOVE! Temp about 350 for about 30 minutes depending on the thickness of your steak and how cooked you like it. I don't mind a bit of pink but hate blood. So for these thin steaks and all the toppings covering the center of the steak, 30 minutes was perfect! Then after that, turn that broiler on for probably less than 10 minutes and brown up that cream cheese and fatty edges. That is the magic of this recipe!!!!!

It should look something like this when it's done. Is your stomach growling yet? Are you drooling yet? You should be because this is THAT.GOOOOOD!

I cut each steak in half so that I have 4 servings, which I will reheat in the toaster oven to keep that crunchy goodness on top. Serve with a side salad like I did or some steamed veggies. Even my girls liked the steak! Beware...it's VERY VERY rich. The veggies or salad will help keep it balanced and if you can eat a full one due to the richness...I bow down! If it's too rich or too much cream cheese for you {I shudder at the thought of that...lol} then use 4oz of cream cheese and cut that in half.
Looks pretty darn yummy doesn't it! You'll feel like you went out to dinner! Whoot Whoot!

So if you try it, I hope you LOVE it! I'd love to hear from you if you did and what you thought of it! More yumminess to come!
2 comments:
tonight is corn beef and cabbage, but I am getting the steaks out to defrost shortly for tomorrow nights dinner...I am also a low carber and I know my hubby will just love this.
Do you think you can bbq these? I would brown the one side then flip and "cheese" it up... lol.
Looks absolutely delish. I am drooling just thinking about it.. lol.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm sure you could. But to get the cream cheese & toppings to brown you'd want to put them in the broiler after you BBQ them. I hope you enjoy! :)
Post a Comment