365 43-49 & some sad news...
Well sad in the photography sense. My camera broke & is in the shop! Nothing major luckily! The Classic 5D has a mirror recall. Basically the mirror falls off! And it happened toward the end of a bridal shower shoot I was doing! Ouch! Luckily I only had a half an hour left. But it was heart breaking. Any other time would have been fine! But in the end the bride to be was so very gracious and I offered to make her a free album to make up for the last half an hour! I second shot a wedding the night before the bridal shower and thankfully it didn't happen then! So the first two shots are with my beloved camera and the rest are from my cell phone! YIKES! Ha! It's okay though. I will say I've been enjoying the challenge of trying to get fun interesting shots with my cell phone and I've been having fun funking them up in PS!
These are flowers Avyree picked for me outside before I left to shoot the wedding...
Center piece at the bridal shower...
My poor baby... {first of the cell phone pics}...
Editing to do from the wedding & bridal shower...
Eggs with chopped up bacon...
My friend's camera that I had to borrow to finish up the yearbook shooting {all of my friends that have DSLR's have Nikon. I'm the only Canon shooter lol}...
Nugget with her pretty fake nails on. Want to make your little girl gleam with excitement? Buy them a set of fake nails. Just be prepared for them to fall off every 5 minutes...
So that was my week! I'll be sad without my camera but thankfully I have TONS of editing to keep my busy!
Have a great weekend everyone! :)
3 comments:
I feel your pain, not that it's happened to me but if it did...
Are you getting it fixed? Whoa that's a lot of editing ya got there and thanks for the fake nails tip, I'll give it a whirl.x P.S how did you like Nikon?
Well today was the first day it really hurt not to have it! It's such a beautiful day and we were out with friends and I wanted to shoot so bad! Lol! Yes, Canon covers the recall and to ship it both ways. They have it now and I should have it back in about 5 to 7 biz days! :) I can't really say about the Nikon because the one I had to borrow wasn't a full frame. Had it been the D700 then I could've kinda compared. It's a D60 so an older entry level. It did the job for the yearbook tho! Lol! I still heart my Canon and didn't feel the Nikon felt better in my hands like most say! Lol!
Those fake nails make her hands look so "adult." Love them still, very sweet.
Post a Comment