Took a walk alone with my camera....
and it was heaven! I haven't done that in a while! Friday Eric was home from work and Avyree wanted to stay home with Daddy. We walk Haylee to school Mon, Wed & Fri. Haylee and I walked to school and I had to take some pictures for the yearbook, so I had my camera with me. On the way home I just wondered, took my time and shot anything and everything that caught my eye! I really needed that and will do it more often now!
Most of these were taken with my 135L but a couple of the first ones were with my 35L! These two lenses totally complete me! I deleted a ton and there were still a ton of keepers. This is a large share with 26 collages! Yeah..I said 26...lol!
Most of these were taken with my 135L but a couple of the first ones were with my 35L! These two lenses totally complete me! I deleted a ton and there were still a ton of keepers. This is a large share with 26 collages! Yeah..I said 26...lol!
This tree was on the playground of Haylee's school...






The next two are in someones front yard...

This yard is so unique and she has some really cute & neat stuff. The light was bad so I only got this one shot...
These I almost tossed then almost didn't post. Just okay...

These I love love love love love...
Same tree, different angle so no blue sky and a different edit! The 135L isolates the subject so well. In the background there was grass, the sidewalk and a wall. I never could have had this look like it was floating if I'd shot it with my 35L...
Pretty soft purple & some front light...
Birds of Paradise about to take off into the big blue. I love that yoiu can see the water drops on the top...
I personally LOVE this shot & did the second I clicked the shutter...
Okay these are pretty amazing considering where I took them! In a not so great nor pretty area of my town. Cars everywhere {at an intersection of our main street in town}, trash everywhere, graffiti & parked cars and cars driving by. The 135L put all of the focus and eye on the flowers {which are wild weeds}. I love this lens...
That bokeh in the right shot I think is light hitting a car coming out of a driveway across the street. I actually liked it so didn't get rid of it...
Just up the street from the little yellow weed/flowers. Same ugly area. It's amazing when you stop to look, all the places you can find small pockets of hidden beauty...
I LOVE this wall. They are remolding and I was SO excited when I saw them put up this wall. It's so beautiful with so much texture. LOVE the DOF with this lens! Shot at 2.5...
Memories...I graduated from here....
These shots are special to me! For one, the light is AMAZING! Two I LOVE the tonal range and the flowers in the bokeh and what this lens did to them! But I also love these because I shot them through a gate. It may possibly look like I did a crappy job cloning that background where you can see the vertical pattern on each side. But I assure you I did no cloning, patching etc. That's the bars of the gate I was shooting through. I thought it added a neat texture to the image...

In the background there is the street/sidewalk, the fence to the school and people were walking & driving by and not one of these elements show....
Thin DOF...so insane. With my edit it made the pole a bit too light to really see how thin the DOF is and how SHARP that focus area is. And I love the effect and the bokeh in the right shot...
I love this little tree. It's like Christmas year round when you see it...
These, I love them. But they look like a painting. And I promise I did nothing extra to make them look like that! I did not blur, add textures...nothing. All I did was lighten a bit and change the tonal range to give them a softer even more pastel feel. The flowers in the background weren't even that far way. Still at 2.5...
Since it already looked like a painting SOOC, I decided to go with it on this shot. I did a lot more editing and added some FB textures...

So that's it for my walk! I had a rough couple of days last week. I allowed some negativity of others online to really get in and settle in my heart. None of it was directed at me, but I couldn't detach my feelings. I was very upset and angry at those that were so mean, ugly, judgemental and hurtful to others! So this walk was EXACTLY what I needed. I needed to walk away, get away from the negativity, to have some alone time, breathe some fresh air and become one with my camera again. When you do that, you most often take your best shots. Then editing is fun because these shots represent you and mean something. I love editing pictures when I've shot from the heart. Then I can edit from the heart...
If you made it this far, thanks for stoppin by. Hope you have a great weekend! :)
10 comments:
So beautiful, Crystal - all of them!
I think I'll drag my camera out for a walk this afternoon - instead of cleaning house! :).....Rosemary
There is so much you in each and every shot - and they are all so very pretty. Have a wonderful weekend Crystal.
i love the shot of the red geranium. (i think it was a geranium). i could see that shot making it onto a pw contest....
your work is always amazing crystal. your photography is amazing. AND i am jealous that you have flowers in bloom now. spring has not sprung around these parts and won't for another 3 months :(
cindy
p.s. don't let the internet trolls get you down. you know that they would not be near that brave irl...
Crystal, You are so creative. You notice things most people miss. It says a lot about the type of person you are. I love the one with the brick wall. I think those were cherry blossoms. Love them. Thanks for sharing. You give me good ideas.love ya, Korelle
I've had your blog in my RSS feed for awhile now, and I'm just in love with EVERYTHING you do! WOW! Everything is so beautiful, your processing is glorious...so much inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing, and keep up the amazing work. (I'm in the Midwest, and everything is grey and blah...so these pictures were quite a treat!)
Where do I start? Sorry you had a rough week and am glad you had to take solace in your camera to bring us this beauty. Am blown away, this lens of yours looks insane or maybe it's just what you do with it? I feel like I'm tripping looking at all that awesome blurred backgrounds, how lovely! Bravo, fab photography x
Drat, Crystal! Your pictures aren't loading for me. Your blog is so inspirational to me! :) I'll try again later!
Oh wow...thank you from the bottom of my heart...everyone! It means more to me than I can express with words! This type of shooting is my happy place, my zen, my meditation, what takes all the stress of life out of my veins! I encourage everyone {no matter what camera you have} to go on a photowalk and find the inner peace in it! It's so refreshing. I'm thinking that I might possibly start selling prints of some of my work, but have some details to work out. I will let everyone know here on the blog if I decide to! Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying Superbowl! We'll be watching Supercross....GO STEWART! :)
Crystal these are simply stunning!!! You are always an inspiration to me and I love all your work. You have given me (and others I'm sure) a wonderful idea that I need to try one day. I think days like this are what help us to remember why we came to love photography in the first place!
" I think days like this are what help us to remember why we came to love photography in the first place!"
I could not agree more! It brings you back to the center of your creativity and back to the roots of it...passion! :) Thank you so much for your kind words!
Post a Comment