Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fun with Katie & Ms. B...

This post will be a little out of order. For one...I didn't edit them in order {oops} and two I'm trying a new image hosting company so I'm posting what would've been the second post now.

On Monday Haylee's very best friend Katie came to spend the day with us! Which was exciting news for all of us! But even better, I had planned a nice afternoon with their 3rd grade teacher from last year, Ms. Brewster. Or to the grown ups...Debbie. Is it weird that I still call her Ms. Brewster tho? Ha! I still have that teacher student thing in my head. I have the hardest time calling a teacher by their first name and I'm 34...HAHA!

So first we went to Color Me Mine to paint. It was so much fun and those are the images I'm still editing. So that will be next post. Then we walked over to Anderson's Pet Shop to look at all the cute cuddlies! Back when I lived with my grandma in LaCrescenta and I had my little rat Oscar, I shopped at Anderson's. And I loved it because their store name was my last name and spelled the same. Yeah, I was nerdy like that...yes I said WAS! :O}~ This is one of the best pet shops around. If you live in the area you need to check it out! They are a family run business so they are TRULY as nice as can be! They are personable, helpful, fun and so nice! Walking in there doesn't feel like walking into a business. You instantly feel at home! And the location is great because you can walk the Montrose strip while you are there! I had my camera with me but wasn't sure how they'd feel about me taking pics. Most stores will not let you at all! Especially the big chains! I talked to the guy and he said go for it! Take pics of whatever you want and for as long as you want! Then he even said on days it's not busy I can come back and they'll take the animals out of their cages so I can get better pics and not have to shoot through cages & glass! HOW COOL IS THAT! I love them! So now onto some of the pics I took while there...



This bunny almost found a home that day! Oh dear goodness it about killed me to not bring this one home. One because it was so stinkin cute it hurt deep inside, but this bunny also looks like one I had when I was a teenager..name Baby! It was very curious t00. Kept coming up to check me out, but wouldn't get too close.. PS...I shot this one through the cage to but it was spaced perfectly that my large aperture blurred it completely gone!


I do not like birds. I will just say that ahead of time. They are loud, poop where ever they happen to be when the needs strikes and are messy! But...I have discovered I LOVE to photograph them. This one wanted nothing to do with me. Didn't even notice I existed. All this one wanted to do was hang upside down and eat. It was hilarious. It just hung there, grabbed it's food while upside and pigged out!


I used to have two of these years ago in this awesome antique cage my grandma gave me. The cage stood taller than me and I so wish I had it now. Great photography prop! But don't ask me why I had two because I've NEVER liked birds! I do think they are pretty...



This guy rocked. He liked me. We are tight like that. He was very curious about either me or my camera...I think it was me cause I ROCK! I really want to go back and get this guy out of his cage to get more shots...


Sweet baby sleeping...


This one wasn't too happy about me or my camera. It kept looking over it's back to make sure I wasn't comin up with a sneak attack! I love his soft colors...


These ones don't do much for me and my focus wasn't great. I was trying to keep an eye on Nugget who was all over the place and take pics! I do like the beady red eyes tho...


Birdy food...


So this area was fun. All the reptiles were behind glass, so some are better than others. But they are all like their own little light box, so light wasn't a problem. Some cages were darker than others but even then still had decent light...


BLECH BLECH BLECH...heebie jeebies...BLECH BLECH BLECH...I HATE spiders...even teeeny tiny ones so this guy freaks me OUT!



The light in this one was the best...I love this little guy. I felt like he was a model for a sculpting class. He never moved! Teehee...


Beautiful.....


This guy was so cute. I loved him. The glass on his cage was pretty murky so the pics aren't great and my lens had a hard time focusing through it. But I had to show my luv for him. He kept coming up to the glass to see me...


I shot this right before we left. Crappy shot but I want to go back and shoot the tanks. Avyree was running off, I was trying to locate her behind me {she wasn't far} so I snapped VERY quickly and went to get her and Ms. B had to leave. So it was rushed. I'll take my time next time...


Then after we left the pet store we stopped to get a couple quick snaps of the girls with Ms. B! Aren't they cute! Thanks for a FAB day Ms. B and I wish you the VERY BEST for your surgery and will be thinking of you! OXXO



Then we stopped at the park to eat lunch. It was hot, even in the shade so we didn't stay too long. But the light was nice {open shade mid day..some dappled light but not too bad} so I grabbed a few portraits of the girls. I'm really happy with how they turned out.

So this is the famous Katie...








So that's it for now! For all my photographer friends....I'm trying Zenfolio and it ROCKS! The easiest, fastest blogging I've ever done. I stopped using Photobucket a year ago when they went delete happy on me. I posted about it. So I've been using Flickr for the past year with a paid pro account. It was never easy to get my codes but it was better the photobucket because they don't delete your pics! But they recently changed their layout and now getting the URL is the BIGGEST PITA! I pay for it only to use it as a hosting site! So if I'm paying $47 a year, I don't want to have to click 5 hundred different pages and then search for the URL code within the HTML code. As you can see, with how many pics I post, it would take me an entire day to post one blog post. So I'm trying the trial version of Zenfolio and within the first code pasting...I was sold! So I will be cancelling Flickr and giving Zenfolio my hosting money now! :O) I'm HOPING I don't loose a lot of pics on the blog when I cancel Flickr. I'm over their allowed amount for the free account, so I'm sure it's going to happen. That's a bummer but worth it for how rockin Zenfolio is!

So...next post will be Color Me Mine with the lovely Ms. B!

1 comments:

Sabina August 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

I really like the pics of the girls at the park!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP