Childhood memories...
We all have them and them mean something different to each of us! We are filled with the happiness, joy and love it brings to our hearts when we think of them. I have many! And recently some of those were brought to the surface. We were watching TV and came across the movie "Old Yeller"! Ahhh....GOOD childhood memories. I used to watch this movie with my dad! I loved the movie {although I hated the end and cried like a baby} and the time spent with my pop watching it! I even cried at the age of 34 just like I did when I watched it as a kid! Then I remembered another iconic movie that I watched with my dad when I was little about the relationship between owner and dog and happy and sadness, similar to Old Yeller! I don't remember nearly as much about the second movie as Old Yeller but the feeling of warm, love and happiness in my heart was just the same!
So I decided that I wanted to read the books of these two movies that fill my memories of such joy! And I'm really glad I did! What a joy to take something and a time in your life that was so special to you and see if from an older perspective but also in the written form!
Old Yeller! What a joy to read. I love the way they talked and the way they disciplined their children! Ha! And now that I am a mom I can relate my children to the boys. Not in the amount of hard slave labor they do of course {ha} but the dynamics of 2 siblings with an age gap & how different the 1st child is from the 2nd. Haylee is very similar to Travis! Honest, mature and responsible. Takes life probably too seriously and is very sensitive yet is so trust worthy. Then take Little Arliss. Be still my heart this kid and his eagerness toward life is enough to drive you mad but warm your heart and make you laugh! Always up to something, has a temper but enjoys life to the fullest every.single.day! Too cute to get too mad! This is Avyree..aka Nugget. While watching the movie I recognized the similarities but reading the book really hit home. When Travis took Little Arliss to go hunting and tried to teach him how to hunt and describes what Arliss does...I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! Well I could go on and on but I won't. Of course I had to take some pics...


Old Yeller...

1956 my Pop was 2 years old...

Don't you just love the way they talked too?


;-{ So sad at the end. I get misty just thinking about it!

Where the Red Fern Grows...
I have yet to read it but I cannot wait. My memories of it are slim but I'm sure it will come back to me as I read it! I do remember tho crying at the end like a bit fat baby again. So I'm sure I'll do this when I read it as well!

1961...


Poor Old Dan & Little Ann!

Oh geeze...just reading these parts starts getting me all teary eyed!

Funny that this should come at this time too because my dad's birthday is July 2nd. Thank you for all the wonderful memories Pop! I love you!!! Happy early birthday! OXXO
So I decided that I wanted to read the books of these two movies that fill my memories of such joy! And I'm really glad I did! What a joy to take something and a time in your life that was so special to you and see if from an older perspective but also in the written form!
Old Yeller! What a joy to read. I love the way they talked and the way they disciplined their children! Ha! And now that I am a mom I can relate my children to the boys. Not in the amount of hard slave labor they do of course {ha} but the dynamics of 2 siblings with an age gap & how different the 1st child is from the 2nd. Haylee is very similar to Travis! Honest, mature and responsible. Takes life probably too seriously and is very sensitive yet is so trust worthy. Then take Little Arliss. Be still my heart this kid and his eagerness toward life is enough to drive you mad but warm your heart and make you laugh! Always up to something, has a temper but enjoys life to the fullest every.single.day! Too cute to get too mad! This is Avyree..aka Nugget. While watching the movie I recognized the similarities but reading the book really hit home. When Travis took Little Arliss to go hunting and tried to teach him how to hunt and describes what Arliss does...I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes! Well I could go on and on but I won't. Of course I had to take some pics...


Old Yeller...

1956 my Pop was 2 years old...

Don't you just love the way they talked too?


;-{ So sad at the end. I get misty just thinking about it!

Where the Red Fern Grows...
I have yet to read it but I cannot wait. My memories of it are slim but I'm sure it will come back to me as I read it! I do remember tho crying at the end like a bit fat baby again. So I'm sure I'll do this when I read it as well!

1961...


Poor Old Dan & Little Ann!

Oh geeze...just reading these parts starts getting me all teary eyed!

Funny that this should come at this time too because my dad's birthday is July 2nd. Thank you for all the wonderful memories Pop! I love you!!! Happy early birthday! OXXO
2 comments:
I hope you don't mind too much, but I am so copying this idea to photograph! My childhoood memories are filled with those special books that I loved. I'm going to find them, photograph them, read them and scrapbook about :)
Of course I don't mind! I'm honored! Enjoy reliving and preserving your childhood memories! :O)
Post a Comment