Las Vegas Part 2...Supercross US Open Las Vegas 2009...
I forgot I never posted these! Ha!
I was thrilled when I found out that I would be able to bring my camera and Zebra Zoom lens into the MGM Grand during the Supercross US Open. I was hoping that with the lights on the track, I'd be able to get some good shots with a decent shutter speed...and I was right!
So here are some of the shots I took...oh...and STEWART WON yet that's no big surprise! Sad Reed didn't race tho. Wanted to see him cry...AGAAAAIN!
There are a LOT so prepare and you will now see how obsessed I am with Stewart! Ha!
My room key for the MGM Grand that has Stewart on it! Oh...I should tell you that we didn't stay at the MGM Grand. But it had Stewart's pic so I took one! Ha! The tickets and my NEW VEGAS PURSE ala Haylee! Yes, it's not the prettiest purse and I got teased ALL weekend for it by my DEAR friend, but it worked SO well that I will use it for EVERY Vegas trip now! Also, I like to embarrass Bina! Lol!

Opening ceremonies...


Oh yeah...there is THE MAN!

This is the one on one race for extra points. Stewart picked Privateer Nick Wey from the bag. Poor Nick didn't have a chance bless his heart. That's why he's not in any of the pics! Lol! Needless to say that Stewart got the extra 2 points I think it was!

The others one on one races and the 30 second board girl! One of these days one of those girls are gonna fall running back to the side lines and I HOPE to catch in on camera! HAHA! Villipoto won his and Millsaps won his! They both earned extra points!

Oh boy...this was a highlight for me. I don't know if I could even hold that lens. But boy would I LOVE the chance to try!

The crashes...

The T-Shirt guy...

Track work...

The mechanics challenge. The first to change the tire and push it to the finish line got an extra point. Stewart's mechanic did not win. I can't even remember who's did.

That's the mechanic that won. The blue guy with the hat huggin the other blue guy is Stewart's mechanic!

Time for Freestyle...I LOVE freestyle. And for my first time ever shooting it, I was pretty pleased with my shots and focus. Just wish I didn't lose the riders into the crowd on the other side!










This is one of my favs. Oh to have had a solid background!

This is my other fav...WOW!

Starting lineup for the main event!

Stewart in his heat race. Of course he won!
Ah man...I'm out of order with my pics! ARG! This is Davi Millsaps winning his heat race! The starting line up for the main should be under this post. Oh well, I'm over it! :O)

Stewart (THE MAN as I refer to him) in action! Notice a pattern? He's alone in a lot of shots cause he's so far in the lead. Damn that man is FAST and when he stays on 2 wheels...is impressive to watch...to say the least!

And sadly...this is as close as I will get to getting a face shot of him...for now! WHOOT WHOOT! Stewart won his heat and the main Fri night & Sat night to take the most points and win $100,000! CONGRATS Stewart...you deserve it!

Is it sad I remember that much about the race? Is it sad that I have THAT many pics of him and not the other racers? Is it sad I get THIS excited over watching him race? Have you lost ALL respect for me?! Ha! Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend! :O)
I was thrilled when I found out that I would be able to bring my camera and Zebra Zoom lens into the MGM Grand during the Supercross US Open. I was hoping that with the lights on the track, I'd be able to get some good shots with a decent shutter speed...and I was right!
So here are some of the shots I took...oh...and STEWART WON yet that's no big surprise! Sad Reed didn't race tho. Wanted to see him cry...AGAAAAIN!
There are a LOT so prepare and you will now see how obsessed I am with Stewart! Ha!
My room key for the MGM Grand that has Stewart on it! Oh...I should tell you that we didn't stay at the MGM Grand. But it had Stewart's pic so I took one! Ha! The tickets and my NEW VEGAS PURSE ala Haylee! Yes, it's not the prettiest purse and I got teased ALL weekend for it by my DEAR friend, but it worked SO well that I will use it for EVERY Vegas trip now! Also, I like to embarrass Bina! Lol!

Opening ceremonies...


Oh yeah...there is THE MAN!

This is the one on one race for extra points. Stewart picked Privateer Nick Wey from the bag. Poor Nick didn't have a chance bless his heart. That's why he's not in any of the pics! Lol! Needless to say that Stewart got the extra 2 points I think it was!

The others one on one races and the 30 second board girl! One of these days one of those girls are gonna fall running back to the side lines and I HOPE to catch in on camera! HAHA! Villipoto won his and Millsaps won his! They both earned extra points!

Oh boy...this was a highlight for me. I don't know if I could even hold that lens. But boy would I LOVE the chance to try!

The crashes...

The T-Shirt guy...

Track work...

The mechanics challenge. The first to change the tire and push it to the finish line got an extra point. Stewart's mechanic did not win. I can't even remember who's did.

That's the mechanic that won. The blue guy with the hat huggin the other blue guy is Stewart's mechanic!

Time for Freestyle...I LOVE freestyle. And for my first time ever shooting it, I was pretty pleased with my shots and focus. Just wish I didn't lose the riders into the crowd on the other side!










This is one of my favs. Oh to have had a solid background!

This is my other fav...WOW!

Starting lineup for the main event!

Stewart in his heat race. Of course he won!

Ah man...I'm out of order with my pics! ARG! This is Davi Millsaps winning his heat race! The starting line up for the main should be under this post. Oh well, I'm over it! :O)

Stewart (THE MAN as I refer to him) in action! Notice a pattern? He's alone in a lot of shots cause he's so far in the lead. Damn that man is FAST and when he stays on 2 wheels...is impressive to watch...to say the least!

And sadly...this is as close as I will get to getting a face shot of him...for now! WHOOT WHOOT! Stewart won his heat and the main Fri night & Sat night to take the most points and win $100,000! CONGRATS Stewart...you deserve it!

Is it sad I remember that much about the race? Is it sad that I have THAT many pics of him and not the other racers? Is it sad I get THIS excited over watching him race? Have you lost ALL respect for me?! Ha! Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend! :O)
2 comments:
I LOVE the freestyle pics. They're awesome!!!
I uber loved the air shots!! It's like they fly through the air in slow motion, but never so slow that I could take their pictures in mid air, good for you and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!
Post a Comment