Big day in the Ziggy house...
Today was a big day and I had very little time to prepare.
A little history...Haylee wanted a trundle bed or bunk bed for her 8th birthday which is Nov 19th. Coming up TOO fast! She's getting to the age of fun sleep overs and bunk/trundle beds are so a girl thing. Well we had the money NOW (lol) so in shopping around for beds today...Eric bought her one! I know what you are thinking? So why the heck is Haylee getting a new bed a big day in the Ziggy house ya freak?! Ha! Well....we also decided at the same time that Avyree would get Haylee's pretty white canopy bed! Yep...that means that my last baby would be in a big girl bed and no more crib. So okay...I'm thinking...I'll be okay. I have a little less than a month to prepare...WRONG! My big girl is upgrading to an even bigger girl bed and my baby is upgrading to a big girl bed. Ugh...I remember the day we gave Haylee that bed...vividly. As I was getting Avyree's room ready, I remembered getting her room ready and tacking the letters of her name to her wall...vividly! Wow...life is changing SO fast! But I think it was good I didn't have time to prepare, weep and be THAT mom. I had to clean her room and get it ready because Haylee's bed was a big job. So her bed had to be out so Eric could put the new one together. I think it was better that way.
We decided to put Avyree's crib out on the street for someone else to take and let their precious baby sleep. I had the photo op of my Ziggy lifetime and didn't have my camera in hand. This one missed photo op will sit with me for life. We had the crib in the driveway and Eric was wheeling it down to the sidewalk. Things left on our busy street go QUICK! Ha! So Avyree decides she wants to help push her crib too. So Eric pulled and Avyree pushed and it was a moment that will be in my heart forever and a moment I will always regret not freezing in time. It was precious. Sadly..her crib was gone from the sidewalk an hour later! :O( Bye bye crib...the LAST crib that will EVER set foot in this house as long as we live here! Lol! Even Avyree got a bit sad when she saw her crib on the street and said she didn't want her big girl bed and wanted her crib back. Ugh.....talking about tugging on a mom's heart strings.
But in true 3 year old fashion, it didn't take long to get over it and love her new bed (her big sissy's bed).
So short story LONG...here first is Haylee's new bed! I shot this past 9pm with NO flash, so I had to use my fastest widest lens which isn't very wide. So I don't have any pull back shots yet. But when the light is better I'll take a couple.
Here is Haylee in her room with her new bunk bed...

Haylee saying goodnight to her lil sis in her new big girl bed. Even Haylee said she misses her bed a little. She has a sappy side too...oh us girls! :O) I LOVE sweet moments like this.

I don't know...don't ask. The kid is weird but darn cute you gotta admit!

So excited to sleep not only in her new big girl bed...but sissy's bed. She went down great, and is sound asleep right now! Phew...now we'll see if she stays in it like we told her to or tries to get out. I still have her video monitor in her room which I reminded her of so she knows I can see her! Muahahahaha! Oh I love being a mom. Payback babeeeeee....

Goodnight sweet CRAZY Nugget of mine. May you sleep well and STOP GROWING SO DARN FAST! You are breaking my heart darnit! Don't you know you are the last baby I'll ever have. Slow down for me...PLEASE! **sniff sniff***

Isn't she cute? Happy Halloween...be safe and eat LOTS of yummy candy for me. I've had enough already! :O)
A little history...Haylee wanted a trundle bed or bunk bed for her 8th birthday which is Nov 19th. Coming up TOO fast! She's getting to the age of fun sleep overs and bunk/trundle beds are so a girl thing. Well we had the money NOW (lol) so in shopping around for beds today...Eric bought her one! I know what you are thinking? So why the heck is Haylee getting a new bed a big day in the Ziggy house ya freak?! Ha! Well....we also decided at the same time that Avyree would get Haylee's pretty white canopy bed! Yep...that means that my last baby would be in a big girl bed and no more crib. So okay...I'm thinking...I'll be okay. I have a little less than a month to prepare...WRONG! My big girl is upgrading to an even bigger girl bed and my baby is upgrading to a big girl bed. Ugh...I remember the day we gave Haylee that bed...vividly. As I was getting Avyree's room ready, I remembered getting her room ready and tacking the letters of her name to her wall...vividly! Wow...life is changing SO fast! But I think it was good I didn't have time to prepare, weep and be THAT mom. I had to clean her room and get it ready because Haylee's bed was a big job. So her bed had to be out so Eric could put the new one together. I think it was better that way.
We decided to put Avyree's crib out on the street for someone else to take and let their precious baby sleep. I had the photo op of my Ziggy lifetime and didn't have my camera in hand. This one missed photo op will sit with me for life. We had the crib in the driveway and Eric was wheeling it down to the sidewalk. Things left on our busy street go QUICK! Ha! So Avyree decides she wants to help push her crib too. So Eric pulled and Avyree pushed and it was a moment that will be in my heart forever and a moment I will always regret not freezing in time. It was precious. Sadly..her crib was gone from the sidewalk an hour later! :O( Bye bye crib...the LAST crib that will EVER set foot in this house as long as we live here! Lol! Even Avyree got a bit sad when she saw her crib on the street and said she didn't want her big girl bed and wanted her crib back. Ugh.....talking about tugging on a mom's heart strings.
But in true 3 year old fashion, it didn't take long to get over it and love her new bed (her big sissy's bed).
So short story LONG...here first is Haylee's new bed! I shot this past 9pm with NO flash, so I had to use my fastest widest lens which isn't very wide. So I don't have any pull back shots yet. But when the light is better I'll take a couple.
Here is Haylee in her room with her new bunk bed...

Haylee saying goodnight to her lil sis in her new big girl bed. Even Haylee said she misses her bed a little. She has a sappy side too...oh us girls! :O) I LOVE sweet moments like this.

I don't know...don't ask. The kid is weird but darn cute you gotta admit!

So excited to sleep not only in her new big girl bed...but sissy's bed. She went down great, and is sound asleep right now! Phew...now we'll see if she stays in it like we told her to or tries to get out. I still have her video monitor in her room which I reminded her of so she knows I can see her! Muahahahaha! Oh I love being a mom. Payback babeeeeee....

Goodnight sweet CRAZY Nugget of mine. May you sleep well and STOP GROWING SO DARN FAST! You are breaking my heart darnit! Don't you know you are the last baby I'll ever have. Slow down for me...PLEASE! **sniff sniff***

Isn't she cute? Happy Halloween...be safe and eat LOTS of yummy candy for me. I've had enough already! :O)
4 comments:
I can so see the look on Avyree's face, telling you she wants her crib back!!! It melts my cold little heart!
I am teary eyed...
ok Crystal, are you trying to make others cry!!!! That was an adorable post. Reminds me of the day both of mine moved from crib to beds.......happens way to fast.
Oh, we've been down this road before. Hard to make those momentous changes sometimes when it means your babies are growing up. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment