Monday, June 29, 2009

Vegas through MY eyes..

So the hubs & I went to Vegas the weekend before last. We haven't gone to Vegas just the two of us in about 9 years! Ha! So it was nice to get away JUST US! We had a wonderful time. No poopy diapers, no sippy cups & snacks. SLEEPING IN! Ahhh....the good life! Not to say that being with my girls isn't the good life...but we ALL need to get away from time to time.

Please excuse the lack of variety. Eric is SO over my photography, so I didn't want to focus on it too much. But with the drunk fest last trip was, I wanted to get SOME shots this time. So I played with some creative edits to try to spice it up. I will say that the outside shots were fun, but the inside shots with my little XSi were a challenge. Boy my FF would've been nice indoors! That'll have to wait til March tho! :O( That's okay tho, I've got almost all my lenses, so I'm good for now.

Anyway...back to the trip! A lot of these (including the nights shots) were taken through the 4 in opening in our hotel room window! :O) ALL were taken with my trusty ole kit lens, which will be put to sleep this week when I get my EF 24-70mm 2.8L on Wednesday! :O) See how I get off track with photography A LOT!?! :O) And a good amount of the outside shots were taken WHILE walking! So this is what I saw out of our window the night we got there...11:30 pm...UGH!




Here are some random shots inside our hotel room with a possible Ugly Chair. Ha!



And my famous MIRROR shot...


And what is a Vegas trip without pics of this...mine is the Jager & Rock Star...


And here are just a bunch of random shots thrown together of our walking around and through the opening in our window...














And some taken inside the Luxor Hotel (the only other hotel we went too). And if you find yourself in Vegas in the future, check out the Body Exhibit in the Luxor Hotel. SO worth the money...








And Eric playing some slots slightly annoyed that I'm taking his pic...haha!


And here are some shots I took on our way home...





Lunch...


Doing 70 down the freeway. The desert sure is BLECH!


And our girls! They were happy to see us and we were happy to see them!


So that was our trip. I always say one of these days I will drink less and take more shots. Especially slower shutter speed night shots on my tripod. But in Vegas, the drink always calls my name. Perhaps one day. But until then, these will have to do.

Thanks for looking and leave some blog luv if you stop by. I hope this post finds you and your family well! :O)

5 comments:

Rebecca June 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Fabulous Crys - so bright and crisp, I love them all!

Now about that *ugly* chair, next time you are at that hotel do you think you could *slip* it out with you say in the middle of the night or something? I could come and pick it up from you OK! :D

I have to say I am shocked you like Jager....that stuff if like German cough medicine....BLECH! :P

CJ Olson June 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Beautiful!! I love all your pictures....looks like you guys had fun!

I so need to get to Vegas just for something different! :-)

JesKace July 1, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

you make me want to go to Vegas :)

Meghan Rickard July 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

Fantastic photos, gorgeous colors!

Sabina July 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

See, it's not only me that thinks Jager is icky!! Ha ha!!!

PS - You should put more pictures of your friends Sarah & Bina...they're HOT!!!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP