Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's all about the Dixie cup...

Look at that face! UGH...she's melting my heart! Even when she chews & pees! Lol! I could go on and on about how wonderful she is but I'll spare you...maybe! I will say this...she is an AMAZING dog and reminds me SO SO SO much of Darla in SO many ways! It kinda freaks me out sometimes. For a dog that has clearly NEVER been trained, she only has 2 bad habits...chewing (pretty normal at her age) and potty training is a bit rough. Other than that...WOW...she's a GOOD dog. And SMART. And 1000000% LOVE! Kisses galore, wants to be up in your face, lap, neck. She just can't get close enough...just like Darla was! She will sit and sleep on your leg & feet too...like Darla did. My friends mother is a dog trainer and came over to meet her and gave me some tips and pointers (THANK YOU PAT...YOU ROCK) and was impressed with how smart she is! In two days, I have her sitting (90% of the time) and coming to me when I tell/comand her too (again 90% of the time lol). TWO days...for a dog that's NEVER been trained...that's AWESOME! With some work & lots of love this girl will be trained and even more amazing in no time! Oh...and today she for the first time got the doggy hair up her butt and started doing laps in the backyard (which luckily for her is BIG so she has room to really run) and WOW is she fast! I mean WOW FAST. And she wasn't even running full speed. I don't think I've ever personally seen a dog run that fast. I hope I get to see her at full speed. That will be a sight! Okay...so I didn't spare you. But come on, what did you expect? This is ME we are talking about. So...without futher ado...our Dixie cup in all her glory...


5 comments:

KristanneV February 13, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

OMG Girl, she really is stunning!!! Her soul just shines through doesn't it! I am so happy that you are in love :).

Ok, super busy but I wanted to leave you some blog love. LOL

Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

She IS adorable, but I already gushed to you yesterday! :) Is she mixed with something else? I was thinking Dalmation? :) Lokk at those spots. I happen to like spots as I am a beagle and a dalmation lover, which both have spots!
Dixie's a keeper!

Anne February 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

She is ADORABLE, Crystal! I love the pink collar!

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Dixie is truly adorable and it is is sooooo good to see you so happy again!! She made it to the RIGHT house, yay!! What an adorable animal. How great that she can go running with you too!!!! I am so excited- you're going to have MANY fun, loving years with Dixie.....you both deserve it. I love you.
Thena=]

Goldsworthy Family February 18, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Oh my gosh Crystal, she is absolutely precious!!! I just want to reach through the screen and pet her sweet face! She is very photogenic too!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP