Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Pink Mango ROCKS!

Haylee had a really rough week at school. Long story short, she went from the BEST teacher in the school and happy as she's ever been, to being switched to a new class, new teacher which also includes 5th grades, three weeks into school! We've been on an emotional roller coaster all week...myself included. If you are on Facebook, than you either already know all about it, or can read about it if you wish!

So I figured I'd treat Haylee {and Nugget of course} to some ice cream and some park fun! Haylee's been telling me about The Pink Mango for a while now. Her BFF Katie {who got to stay in the class, which wasn't easy for either girl} has been telling her about it! So we actually happened to be in the parking lot for an entirely different reason, looked over and there it was! I cannot believe we've never eaten there. It is no joke, THE.BEST soft serve I have EVER had! I cannot wait to go back and looks like I might be puttin on a bit of weight here in the near future!

I love the way they have it decorated. I could have a field day shooting details inside! And would have, but the owner seemed a bit put off I was talking pictures inside. Boy what I'd give to be hired to shoot their ad work! Sigh...I want to be an on location product photographer for business' when I grow up! So here are just a couple detail shots...



I love the inside. So many little details to be shot! Nugget waiting as patiently as she can. We were all very excited for the many many topping options. And as you'll see, we got a little carried away...


I wish I could have taken pictures while we were serving. But that would've been a disaster! Left is mine baby! And yes, I ate every last drop. Top right is Haylee's and bottom right in Nuggets...


Now comes the part to weigh it! Wish I had a picture of the total...lol! $13 later and YUMMY time starts...


My mouth was drooling while taking these. MINE...all...MINE! That's a big bite! Cookies & Cream soft serve, Coconut {MY FAV}, crushed Twix, Chocolate Chips AND a brownie to top it off! Oh yeah, that's how I roll...


Nuggets after she's mashed it around a bit and Haylee's below. Don't even ask me what they put in their cups. I lost count after 10... {just kidding...maybe 9} lol...


I think I helped make up for this week, a little! She looks happy to me...


Nugget, as cute and silly as ever...


She was really into it...


There are also some nice flowers to look at while you pig out with no shame...


This is why we were actually in the parking lot. I was meeting my beautiful cousin, Shannon, to pick up some slicky hair smoothing stuff she bought me! She's a hair dresser and has the hook.up on prices. Whoot whoot! So my butt may be bigger, but my hair won't be frizzy. And check out that HOT purse sitting on the ground. That's my AWESOME Jo Tote camera bag! :)



Once we finished piggin out we headed to the park to run out the sugar high! I love going at this time of day and need to do so more often. We usually go when the sun is high and harsh. But today we were there about 4pm, so it was perfect and nice light!

PSA for all parents reading. If your child is obsessed with the swings like mine are, do not put them in jeans that have huge buttons on their tushes, or this is what your pictures will look like too...


When I say my kids are obsessed with the swings, I'm not exaggerating. If there aren't a lot of other kids at the park and they have the swings all to themselves, they will stay on them almost the entire time. Which happened this day, as you will see...


When the buttons hurt the tushy, flip over and swing on your belly...


I was sitting/laying on the ground in front her of shooting as she came close. It was SO much fun and I love these shots! Soooo Nugget...


I've never understood how she can space out off in the distance, then one second later have a goofy expression. She's a nut...


Sigh...I must explain this photo. Normally I wouldn't keep a shot like this. But it tells so much. The story of my life as a parent of 2 kids. Nugget was on this swing, the second she runs to get a drink, Haylee swipes it! I'm now telling Haylee that she cannot steal her sisters swing, hence the look on her face. But what's really funny is...Nugget. She is MAD and on her way to wallop her sister for taking her swing. This is truly....my Life as it Happens...


But boy do I love these girls! Even when Avyree gives me THAT look...


This is one of my FAVS. Nothing like a wide angle lens up close...


Now I'm laying on my back trying to get a different angle and I love it...


A quick cute pose...


Nugget happened to be sitting on the bench at the exact moment the clouds parted and let in a little spot light on her through the break in the trees. I love the light here...


I.don't.know but I love it...


This one makes my mommy/photographer heart sing. The edit in addition to the shot being totally OOF {out of focus} gives the feel of sadness and loneliness of a child! It moves me...


Same shot, but in focus with a different edit. Cute but I like the other one much more...

Last shot of the day! I love non face shots and this is so Avyree...dirty shirt and on the move...


Thanks for stoppin by! I hope everyone is doing well! :)

4 comments:

Sabina October 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

I just love them all!!!

momaziggy October 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

Thank you Bina! OXXO

Dinesha November 17, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Your pictures are amazing!!!

momaziggy November 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Thank you so much Dinesha! :)

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP