Saturday, October 23, 2010

Good deeds make the heart whole...

On Wednesday last week, there was a Doberman on the loose! I like Dobermans, but this one was extremely aggressive. I took Lily out to go potty and heard what sounded like a dog attack! Vicious barking & growling. Not the sound a dog makes when they are warning a stranger or protecting their yard, or just being a dog! But vicious attacking sounds. I look into the middle of the street and there is the Doberman, wearing a shirt so obviously a pet, trying to attack the teenage neighbor boys {although they may be in their early 20's & not teenagers at all} through their gate! The boys were in their yard and the dog was loose, and it was trying to attack them in THEIR yard. Yeah, that is how aggressive this dog was! I will say that I believe the teenage neighbor boys {whom I later screamed at with a fury I've never felt in my life....that need to save a child fury} were egging the dog on....as they sat safely behind their gate, laughing. Before I know it, a teenage girl on her way home from school with her iPod on, walks by! Before I can warn her, I hear her screaming a scream I've never heard before in m life. SHEER TERROR...the dog was trying ATTACK HER! I've never ever seen a dog on the attack. I've never ever heard the sound of a person on the other end, truly terrified for their life. And I still swear, said neighbors were STILL egging the dog on as this poor girl screamed a terror loud enough to hear for blocks...as she ran to save her life! Hence my reason at screaming at them with a fury that I have never ever felt from a depth inside me I did not know I had...and my nick name used to be Scrappy...so I have never been a gentle person if push came to shove. What came out of that part of me, surprised even me!

Enter mom mode! Every.single.ounce of thought of my safety...GONE! Mom mode is when you will risk your life without thought to help another person....in this instance a poor innocent teenage girl about to be ravaged by a dog that stands taller than her when on it's hind legs! So I did what anyone would do and what any mom would do! Ran down the street screaming a scream that has never ever left my mouth/throat or heart before, and chased that dog away as much as I could...as said neighbor boys sit behind their safety gate {I think there were 6 of them} doing what I believe to be...laughing as I...a WOMAN is trying to save her! Yep...they'll be WONDERFUL citizens to our world...won't they!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dog did back off a bit, went back to said neighbor boys gate actually and is trying to attack them again. I ran her to my gate, threw Lily in the house because she's now barking at the girl through the gate {like a normal dog does at gates, not like attack the girl}! I KNEW Lily would not hurt her of course. But at this point this poor girl is on the verge of breaking and she sees a pit at the gate...barking. I ran Lily into the house as quick as I could and brought this poor, shaking, scared to death girl into the safety of my gate.

Phew...it's not until then, that she was safe, that everything set it and I was able to soak up what had just happened. I get goose bumps and tears in my eyes writing this! By this point now, adrenaline & mom mode are gone and I start shaking like a leaf! Wow..that was something I'd never experienced before and pretty freaking scary. So I drove her home. She is THE.SWEETEST.GIRL! What a great experience for Haylee to get to meet this wonderful teenager and see that she is sweet, well spoken and grateful! She was so cute when I dropped her off at home. She kept saying she felt like she should do something to repay me! Thanking me again and again. At this point I'm ready to lock my door, take her home and adopt her! Lol! Seriously, I was getting all teary in the truck with her. Told her it was my pleasure, it's what anyone would and SHOULD do, unlike said NEIGHBORS that I would like to teach a lesson to! But I think their lesson will learned through their SELFISH lives! Anywho...I gave her a hug, regretting having to drop her off and we say goodbye!

Go home, nasty dog is still there! And now 3 more teenage girls are walking {2 of which used to go to Haylee's school}...this time to the school! Track kids! I don't even want to chance the dog trying to attack them, which by the way is STILL trying to attack neighbor boys through the gate! So I asked them if I could drive them to the school. On my way home, warn several other teenagers on their way home to NOT walk that section of the block!

Phew...that was long! So fast forward to Friday morning! Haylee's home sick so I woke up at 9am...teehee! Walk into the kitchen to find something that made me tear up and want to drive to the first girls house and DEMAND that I get to adopt her and to hug and shake her mother/father/person who raised her, hand and tell them what a good job they did!

This is what she left me in my mailbox {I did an extra blur over her name to keep her privacy}...





Can I have her...PLEASE!!!! Bless her sweet little heart and darned if I don't want to adopt her more. I just wish I could have seen her when she left the note and flowers so I could have hugged her one last time! Lol! It was so refreshing to see a person, a teen even more, show gratitude and to be so grateful for someone caring about them! I wish there were more teens, and people like her! I miss her! And when I think about the boys...I get MAD! I get a heat in my chest and want to go over and smack them around! In the confusion and heat of the moment, I cannot be 100% that they egged the dog on and laughed while everything went down...but I'm about 99% sure! I was so focused on HER but I have them in the back of my mind the entire time and I just KNOW they egged that dog on. I SWEAR I heard them laughing, then saying... "go get her...go get her" then I heard the screaming and that's when I realized that said dog was now going after her! Then I SWEAR I heard them LAUGHING at the same time I heard her screaming terror. At that second I lost it! Rage filled me like never before. My screaming at them and a furry rage but shrill tone of sheer terror myself, that I get goose bumps when I remember how I felt and sounded, while I gargled tears that were threatening to break!

So....that is my story of the sweet girl, the vicious dog, the SHAMEFUL BOYS and a mom who was only being a MOM! I never would have thought twice about helping. It wasn't a choice, it was instint, a reaction to another person terrified and in danger! And even if those boys really didn't egg on that dog {99% sure tho}, they still did NOT do one thing to help that girl! And what COWARDS to sit there and watch a woman risk her safety & life! They make me SICK, even for only just that! And I would not have been upset had I never heard a word from her because one, I didn't help her for that reason! And two, she was so grateful that day, so I already knew that she really, in her heart, was grateful. But she went that extra step and it made my day, week, month!

If you got this far, thanks! I hope to never go through that again or have anyone else go through what the poor girl did. I know thousands will...but that is my hope!

Give til your heart can't give anymore...then give more! It makes the heart whole!

3 comments:

Mireya October 23, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

OMG Crystal! My heart was POUNDING in my chest as I read your story. Kudos to you for stepping up and saving her. Isn't it awesome how that 'mommy instinct' just kicks in! How immature and stupid of those boys, but you know what they say, KARMA!! that was very sweet of her to come back and leave a note & flowers too. :)

Lori October 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Crystal,
You are such a good person. God only knows what would have happened to that poor girl had you not been out there. The world needs more people like you.

amwphoto November 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

With tears in my eyes I say to you... I am proud to call you my friend. You are an amazing woman with a heart of gold and I commend you for what you have done. Mommy mode is nothing to mess with ya'll. Love you girl.

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP