Thursday, May 20, 2010

Haylee's very first talent show...

So, for those of you who know us know that Haylee has always been extremely shy! I mean...really really shy! But with each year in school, she comes out of her shell a little bit. Well this year seems to be a big one for her and her confidence. She's really blossomed this year and her shyness has gotten so much better. So much in fact that she signed up for the Talent Show this year at school! I was so excited and proud that she signed up! They did rehearsals for a couple months once a week at school and everyday at home. It was the cutest thing EVER! Of course I took pictures and bawled like a huge big fat baby the second she hit the stage straight through to the end! Lol! It was one of my proudest mom moments! I was so proud of her and she wasn't even nervous! She LOVED it!

And a special THANK YOU to Jill. Without all her hard work, these great kids would not have had the opportunity to get up there and strut their stuff! So THANK YOU JILL! You have such a special place in my heart for all the help, care and patience you had with Haylee and all the kids! YOU ROCK!

Okay...here is the opening act...Thriller from Michael Jackson. Man...it was AWESOME!


These two guys were awesome and so funny. They told a joke in between each act and kept us all laughing...


Haylee, Katie & Izzy were the first act after the opener! Look how happy they are! :O) I was in the back row and the ONLY one standing so she saw me! LOVE that she's looking at me in some of them!




Once they were done Haylee got a little shy and was ready to get the heck outta dodge while the other girls were trying to enjoy the moment in the spot light! Ha! I love how she's dragging them and they are still waving to their fans...hahahaha!


This is Gwen! Gwen is Rachael & Donny's daughter. I was there the day this one came into the world..like in the room when she came into this world. Now she's singing solo's {and beautifully I might add...got mama's lungs} but she's also as tall as I am! I bawled like a huge big fat baby when she sang too! This is her last year here! :O(


And she is SUPER KID! She's also in the Drill Team...and they all ROCK! They won the recent competition they were in for their district! CONGRATS! You all deserved it! What you couldn't see in Thriller is that she was in that too. And one other act that I didn't get pics of. So she did a total of 4 things in the talent show! The girls rocks! We'll miss seeing your beautiful face everyday at school Gwen! Sniff sniff! Ah man, here I go again! Lol!


And that cute girl in the top left photo on the the left is Madison...Chris & Kathryn's daughter! She's only 7 months older than Haylee. I remember when she was born too! We lived next door to them. And that cute little squeezable girl in the pink dress is Emma, their other daughter! Lord have mercy...that one is a show stopper and so freakin cute it hurts! And her part in this act...I have NO words. I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard and actually even snorted a couple times! Ha! It was awesome and then ending was...to die for. Brought down the house I tell you...


There were so many great acts that I didn't shoot. But I have to tell you that this night was the most fun I've had in years! Each kid was amazing and so fun to watch. And so brave to get out there and do it. When I was in school you never would've seen me on stage. I wasn't shy per say, but didn't do well in front of groups. So I commend each kid! I loved all the acts!


So that was Halyee's first talent show! I'm so proud of her and this was a big moment for her. I think it's pretty safe to say that she'll be in the talent show the next 2 years. Man...only 2 more years and then it's Middle School! That's what they call it now right? No longer Jr. High? Not sure why it matters but my heart breaks a bit every single time I think about it! So I'll leave you with that! Ha! Thanks for looking! :O)

3 comments:

Real Estate girl May 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Thank you Crystal these are great. Haylee did a great job and you have good reason to be proud. Thanks for the cute pictures of Andrew he loved being MC and I too cried like a baby as this is his last year at Apperson and so many emotions are involved. Your photos are beautiful. Stacy Petrossian

DeVries Family May 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Oh my god! Love it! Thanks for sharing. She looks so happy...how proud you must be.

Anonymous May 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

A proud grandma here, wish we could have stayed to see the whole show but so happy and PROUD to see Haylee struttin her stuff while smiling the whole time. Know what u mean with the Jr High/Middle School thing. Love the photos and You too!!!

Mom

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP