Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First day of THIRD grade...

WOW...when the HECK did that happen? Like every mother, we see our lives and our children's lives FLASH before our eyes! Man does it go FAST! Before I know it Middle school will be here. The first three years of school have FLOWN, so I know the next three will do the same. And to make it hurt even more...Avyree was 12 DAYS old when Haylee started Kindergarten! And this also means that I just keep getting older! Man, I hate when that happens! Ha!

So the first day of school is always a scary one for my dear shy Haylee. She's always riddled with nerves...bad! She can barely talk, looks like she's about to cry and throw up at the same time. Then by the time I pick her up, she's happy, excited and chatting with her little girlfriends. This year was no different!

We are ECSTATIC with the teacher Haylee got this year. We have been SO lucky with the teachers she's had every year. The school she goes to doesn't have bad teachers by any means. But basically, she's gotten the exact teacher I was hoping she'd get...every year! I LOVE her school!

So here she is trying to force a smile that is half excited half terrified on the way to school. I shot this quickly at a red light...well it had just turned green but don't tell the cops...

Hey wait, I'm actually IN this picture...



Once we arrive, she's too embarrassed to wear her sunglasses AT school. Her eyes are VERY sensitive to the sun, so squinty was all I was gettin!

So now the sun is behind me and she just won't look at me. Plus I think she was trying to keep her breakfast down...



But wait...maybe she'll at me. Just maybe! Okay, I had to let her put her back to the sun and deal with lens flare and haze. Darn kid...doesn't she understand photography! Ha!



And then she was done! And please do not get me started on the outfit! HA! I just grin and bare it. She's trying to find her independence and style. I think this girl will need some help soon tho! Teehee!

And of course, Nugget gets a spot light. She LOVES being at Sissy's school! Like her drink? Lol!



This year they did things a bit different. The kids lined up in their old line from last year and went to their old class. Unfortunately Haylee's 2nd grade teacher was out today so they didn't get to say goodbye.

So here she is in her old class waiting to find out her fate... (out of respect, I blurred the faces of the other kids)



Time is getting close and the poor girl looks like she's gonna lose it...



Then we heard the news we were hoping and things were a little better. The whole class with the exception of ONE (the boy to Haylee's left) went into the same class. I felt so bad for him. The whole class was lined up to go to their new class...together. And there he sat by himself watching all his friends leave together and waiting to go to his new class alone. But he did just fine. He's a tough guy!

And of course, when I picked her up...ALL smiles. She said that she LOVES her new teacher. That is what every mom wants to hear. To know she'll be happy this year and will have an easier time in class in general.

This was all the pictures I got because it was just too crowded and the new teacher didn't let us in the class once they got there!

So all in all, today, the first day of 3rd grade...was a GREAT day! And boy oh boy did I enjoy the COMPLETE silence when Avyree napped! Ha!

Hope everyone is doing well and that all your kids are just as happy with their new classes as Haylee! :O)

3 comments:

Gayle September 10, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Great pictures, as always. Haylee looked so nervous, poor thing. Glad she had a great day, though. Now, make Avyree stay 3 years old forever! Well, maybe not forever, but make her wait until you are ready. :)

Anonymous September 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Oh my goodness, you make such beautiful children! I'm glad Rianna and Haylee are together again, keep up the good work with the photography you kick *** at it! BTW: you don't ever have to blurr my girley! Thanks for sharing!

Sabina September 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Poor Haylee...in that one picture she looks terrified!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP