Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Years + camping + good friends = Good Times!

So better late than never right! :O) I took over 400 pictures while we went camping and edited 196! It was hard to narrow them down...which was my biggest hurdle. So it's a big post and part 1. There are only a few pics on the 2nd post!

Over New Years Eve weekend we went camping in Dove Springs. We had a blast and are actually going again this weekend! But I won't shoot nearly as much this time! Lol!

So the first afternoon is was just Eric, the girls and I. We stopped to load up on water & we stretched our legs. Avyree found a stick and was playing Harry Potter. She is usually Ron...



And I think Daddy was Hermione...teehee....


Haylee really enjoyed walking Lily around. I LOVE these pics...


Then once we got everything settled we headed out in the Jeep for a drive! Here are some of the sights we saw on the way. Notice the top right mountain...teehee...


We drove all the way up to the snow. It was a fun and very beautiful drive. We found a good place to stop so the girls could play in the snow...



Let the snow fun begin...



As you can see Eric & Haylee had fun but Avyree wasn't feelin the snow as much...



I wanted to test out the FPS on my new camera. Love these...



It was so beautiful, green and "MOIST" up there that I couldn't resist the moss...


On the road again...





My usual self portrait and Nugget in the mirror...


Our camp before everyone else got there...


Beautiful Lily. She was SO good the whole trip...


Haylee really loves Lily. More so now that she watches "Pit Boss" all the time...


Haylee, Nugget and I. Give a kid dirt and she can play in it ALL weekend...


Our sad pitiful attempt at a fire with the wood we found on the side of the road...


The sky was beautiful with the clouds over the moon...


Bina arrived while it was still daylight and Brian, Darlene & Kalaya arrived after dark...





The toys...





This shot is out of order, but you can see the start of our sad little campfire...


Brian playing on Kalaya's Quad...


The next day was beautiful outside and we had lots of fun. Eric getting ready for a ride...


Pete & Duane showed up sometime early in the morning and this is what we saw when we woke up. Apparently Pete isn't so GOOD with the 4 wheelin...


Lily locked in the 5th wheel watchin Chopper running around...


Bina...


Daddy & Nugget...


Kalaya, Brian and Chopper...


And cute, sweet crazy little Chopper who wasn't so fond of Lily. Poor Pit Bull. The 2 dogs she's met haven't like her even tho she loved them. Lol! So much for vicious Pit Bulls!! Lol...


Checkin out Brian's buggy...


The girls hard at play...


With the boys hard at play with their toys and the girls hard at play with the dirt, the big girls went for a walk. Bina & Dar and the nasty huge desert ants...


Thought this little green furry thing was pretty...


On our walk Brian roosts us with dust and we cover our cameras...


Then it was Eric's turn. I hid my camera under my shirt when he got close...


Pretty desert weed...


So of course Pete had to join in on the dust fest. The was the only time he rode his bike the whole time he was there and for maybe 2 minutes! Loooooooooser....


Haylee finally got the courage to try Kayala's Quad. Watching Kayala ride and seeing it wasn't that scary gave her the courage to try it. And she LOVED it. So we are now shopping Quad's for her. Then Kayala had to jump in to get a turn...


Dar, Chopper and Big B on Kayala's Quad...


Eric riding Avyree around like he used to with Haylee at this age. Avyree has a love/hate relationship with Daddy's bike...


Silly Haylee...


So as a typical man and dad, he starts doing wheelie's with Avyree and tells me to take pics. Look how hard he's laughing & the look on Avyree's face. Meany...


Eric goofin around...


Eric taking Nugget for a ride in Brian's buggy. He took Haylee too but I think I was in the 5th wheel so sadly I didn't get pics...


Avyree's work of art on the left and I love the moment I captured between Haylee and Daddy...


These 3 are very special to my heart! Sweet moments between Daddy & daughter and then Nugget being Nugget. She's a "Fashion Girl" now...


Haylee geared up and waiting for the Quad...


Going for a quick walk to see where the Quad went. I love the ones of the two of them...


And Brian comes through and brings Haylee the Quad...



Continued in next post...

1 comments:

Sabina February 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Awesome pics! And thanks for the "moist" reference!!

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP