A big day for Haylee...
Every month at Haylee's school they have an awards ceremony. They give out Citizenship & Scholar of the Month awards and also pass out goodies to kids who got caught being good slips and perfect attendance. Haylee has gotten Citizenship of the Month every year and we've always been so proud of her. She is so well behaved at school. We hadn't heard of any awards for her yet this year. Well Wed we got the letter that Haylee would be getting an award this Friday! I assumed that it would be for Citizenship. She's never gotten Scholar yet. Well when it was Haylee's teachers turn to announce her class she announced a boy for Citizenship of the Month. It was that second that I realized Haylee got Scholar of the Month! To say that we were happy is beyond words. Haylee's been struggling a little with Math this year but she's really been working hard. Her attitude with homework has been better and she's been working a lot with her teacher. Ms. Brewster was so proud of how hard she's been working, how determined and what a wonderful attitude she's been having about it that she felt she deserved the Scholar award this month! The surprised, immediate blush then pure joy and pride on her face brought tears to my eyes that I tried to cover! Ha! I'm so proud of her but more important she's so proud of herself. I always tell her hard work pays off and this is one of those times she realizes it. I'm so very thankful to Ms. Brewster for so many reasons. She's truly such a wonderful, caring and patient teacher. The kids adore her and so I do! She's very special to my heart! :O) After Haylee got her award I told Ms. Brewster thank you so much for having faith in Haylee and that her showing Haylee that she deserved this award was a huge boost for Haylee and her confidence! So today was a big day and a very happy day! I'm going to hang Haylee's award in a frame and put it up in her room so that she can always see how her hard work paid off.
So end of mushy mom moment and here are the pics I took throughout the morning. It was cold and cloudy outside but so worth it!
Lined up waiting for the bell to ring...

Silly girls...

That's Haylee's BFF on the left and don't ask me what's she's doing on the right...

So I was watching Lil Miss L today! She dropped all her Cheerios as you can see. She was trying to reach them to pick them up and couldn't. So she then stuck just one finger out and stuck it in the middle of one Cheerio and got it! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Then sweet Lil Nugget waiting for the show to get on the road...

Nugget & Daddy hangin out...

Almost her classes turn...

I sadly didn't get any of Haylee's face when her teacher called her name! But what you can't really see in the left pic is that she's blushing like MAD! So cute! If you know Haylee you know her expressions. This is one of my favorites! :O)

And the best pics of the day! Look at how beautiful her teacher is! I love you Haylee and I'm SO proud of you!

So that was Haylee's big day! Thanks for looking and hope you all have a great weekend!
So end of mushy mom moment and here are the pics I took throughout the morning. It was cold and cloudy outside but so worth it!
Lined up waiting for the bell to ring...

Silly girls...

That's Haylee's BFF on the left and don't ask me what's she's doing on the right...

So I was watching Lil Miss L today! She dropped all her Cheerios as you can see. She was trying to reach them to pick them up and couldn't. So she then stuck just one finger out and stuck it in the middle of one Cheerio and got it! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Then sweet Lil Nugget waiting for the show to get on the road...

Nugget & Daddy hangin out...

Almost her classes turn...

I sadly didn't get any of Haylee's face when her teacher called her name! But what you can't really see in the left pic is that she's blushing like MAD! So cute! If you know Haylee you know her expressions. This is one of my favorites! :O)

And the best pics of the day! Look at how beautiful her teacher is! I love you Haylee and I'm SO proud of you!

So that was Haylee's big day! Thanks for looking and hope you all have a great weekend!
2 comments:
What a special day for her! You got some great photos to document her day.
YAAAAYYYYYYY Haylee!!!!!!!
Post a Comment