Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A few more random shots & some thoughts about kids...

This is one of my all time favorite shots of Haylee. It was a HORRIBLE SOOC shot. Overexposed flat and distracting. But with some edits in ACR & PS and a fun creative crop, it's one of my favorites ever. I notice that the ones that seem the worst end up my favorites. I'm sure you've heard me say that before. She's such a beauty...


This is in my top 10 favorites now too! Again, pretty crappy exposure & composition. A little editing and cropping...and this one will be hanging on my wall next to the one up top...


And then there is Nugget! Oh how this child takes photos. It's all in her face! If only she'd keep a hair tie in...then maybe she wouldn't walk around crooked at the time! Haha! Full sun in the face isn't always a bad thing photography wise...


They say full sun and squinty eyes are bad in photography...I disagree! Notice again the side ways head? Ugh...I have about 500 baby hair ties that sit in the bowl because if I attempt to put them in her hair they end up in the couch, under the couch and who knows where else! But I love her so...


Oh...and I figured out a decent time and place to take shots through the net. Now those are some kissy lips that make me melt when I wanna ring her lil Naughty Nugget neck...


There are NO words...my cup runneth over...

A shot of the moon I took tonight...

I have to take a quick second to be serious about something VERY sad. A woman on one of my message boards that I've been on since Jan 08 lost her 2 year old son to cancer today. He was born the same month as Avyree. It was a year long battle that they thought they had won. They thought it was gone only to come back and well...I can't say it! It was heartbreaking to read their story day to day and see the pics of this PRECIOUS lil boy Dante. He went through more in his two years than most will their whole long lives and probably handled it with more diginty and bravery than most adults. I cannot even begin to imagine what his family is going through. There is only one thing that would end me...and it is this. So I write this because as I look at these pics I post of my precious girls that drive me CRAZY, sometimes to the point of tears...on both our parts (lol) I take this moment to not let sweet lil Dante go through this in vein. I love my girls more than anything in this world and would gladly give up my life to save them. But in day to day life I get caught up in the "parenting" of parenting. Which I know we all do. It's things like this tho that make us take moments in our lives to reflect on just how blessed we are to have these lil precious monsters to drive us MAD. If I didn't have my girls I couldn't go on. So take this moment to look at your kids for what they are...your flesh and blood...the ONLY people you would probably die for and love them for that very second like you've never loved anything in your life. Then tomorrow you/we will go on with our day...but PLEASE have "your" moments every few days and remember how lucky we are! I (we) owe that to Dante and his family.

My heart is with you all and your families! May you all have a healthy and happy 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

Awww GAWD!!!!! I knew it could get worse! NOW I'm crying! I can't imagine either....I really just can't. All my love to Dante's family....not like it matters.
Love Forever, Athena

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

Sweet photos Crystal! And yes, that news weighed my heart down yesterday.. Only a month younger than Matthew..Lots of P&Pts to his family.. He was a very strong lil boy! I cried for him, his family yesterday. He will be remembered forever in my heart.

amwphoto January 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

The one thing I could never fathom is the loss of one my children. Some how that seems so detrimental. So surreal. I am sad for any parent that has to experience such a tragic loss. The soulful side of me though, knows that Dante was a gift to his parents and family and all whose heart's he touched and paths he crossed. He was brought here for a reason, however untouchable that may currently be. My heart goes out to everyone who is grieving. And yes, it is important to reflect daily because it can all be taken away from you in an instant. Love you mama.

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP