Monday, August 6, 2012

Eric's spinal surgery...

The day had finally come.  It was almost a year ago that the guy hit Eric full speed from behind while he was parked in his truck, unbuckled, twisted to the side sending an email to work!  Almost a year of pain!  Almost a year of working with a lawyer to make sure that we didn't get take advantage of by the guys insurance company.  It was a relief to finally be here...near the end of the journey!

But at the same time...sh*t just got real. My husband is going into surgery to have his spine fused & 2 vertebrata replaced.  Not only that..it was in his neck!!!!  And on top of that...they were going into the front of his neck to do the surgery!  I knew I was anxious and nervous.  But I didn't realize how much until they finally wheeled him into his room, and he started to come around from the medication and was able to talk!  Then I could breathe and realized I'd been pretty much holding it in the whole time!  Mike Sr (the dad of our friend Mike Jr who passed away from cancer this last Feb that we had the Fundraiser for) came down for the day to help me with the girls. He had to wake up at 4:30am to get to the hospital in time.  And sure enough...he got there in time!  Not only that, about 1pm he took the girls with him when he left and hung out with them for a couple hours then dropped them off at a friends house...all so I could spend the time taking care of Eric!  Bless his heart because he was a HUGE to help me & the girls really enjoyed his company!

All is good now (8-26).  Eric is still recovering but back to work and feeling pretty good!  He's still sore, and has trouble sleeping but it seem to be surgery sore.  He says the pain from the accident seems to be better.  Hoping that lasts!

So here was our emotional and tiring day!  We left at 4:30am and I didn't get home until 9:30pm.  I had a VERY STIFF drink when I got home!

Haylee hiding...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Got her...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Mike Sr playing with Avyree & taking pictures...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


My lifeline of the day...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


The girls stuff...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


The million pieces of luggage we brought with us...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Mike Sr. playing receptionist every time the phone rang.  Avyree would then tell him every time after...get the  phone Mike it's ringing.  So we named him the waiting room receptionist for the day...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Nugget harrassing her sister with Mike Sr's camera...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


She turned it on me so I turned mine on her...lol...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Time ticking SO slowly...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Phew...finally in his room.  They had to keep him in recovery for almost 2 hours longer than normal because they were having trouble controlling his pain and he had a hard time coming out of anesthesia.

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Some details...and his horrible liquid lunch!  You can see him a little in the bottom right hand shot with his neck brace on...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Now that the girls have gone...I could actually sit down and read more...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Resting...

Momaziggy: The Ziggy Life 6


Thanks for looking and for all those who showed us love & support!  :)

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

This is Our Ziggy Family blog. Random shots of the craziness that takes place at the Ziggy house. Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP